FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   America West FlightFund (Pre-2005 US Airways merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/america-west-flightfund-pre-2005-us-airways-merger-444/)
-   -   BA Codeshare to End 29OCT05 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/america-west-flightfund-pre-2005-us-airways-merger/467928-ba-codeshare-end-29oct05.html)

ExtrAAordinaire Aug 30, 2005 4:50 pm

BA Codeshare to End 29OCT05

FYI: The HP/BA codeshare will be ending on 29OCT05. However, I don't know whether FF benefits will cease on that date as well.

ByrdluvsAWACO Aug 30, 2005 4:54 pm

Thanks Doug Parker.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Totally sucks.

formeraa Aug 30, 2005 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO

Totally sucks.

Tell us how you REALLY feel! ;)

enviroian Aug 30, 2005 5:09 pm

:(

Damn. Oh I can't wait to redeem my miles on United's beautiful J class seats over the Atlantic now :rolleyes:

I'm sure AZ will be so happy about this as well :td:

sassamanlaw Aug 30, 2005 5:18 pm

Not too bad

Originally Posted by ExtrAAordinaire
FYI: The HP/BA codeshare will be ending on 29OCT05. However, I don't know whether FF benefits will cease on that date as well.

Hopefully they will keep the alliance with Virgin Atlantic. I want to try one of their UC suites on the JFK LHR run.

AZ Travels the World Aug 30, 2005 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian
I'm sure AZ will be so happy about this as well.

Boy you've got that right! In fact, I'm leaving for the airport for the PHX-LHR flight tonight. I guess I'll enjoy it while I can. :(

enviroian Aug 30, 2005 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by sassamanlaw
Hopefully they will keep the alliance with Virgin Atlantic. I want to try one of their UC suites on the JFK LHR run.

Well you might want to book it now for a year from now b/c the HP agent told me a week ago that generally it's almost impossible to get these seats as such a small seat inventory is allocated

enviroian Aug 30, 2005 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World

Boy you've got that right! In fact, I'm leaving for the airport for the PHX-LHR flight tonight. I guess I'll enjoy it while I can. :(

Flying J or F? I look forward to your report about their catering, or lack thereof.

I'm traveling CW Saturday, via Houston ,but going into Gatwick.

sassamanlaw Aug 30, 2005 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian
Well you might want to book it now for a year from now b/c the HP agent told me a week ago that generally it's almost impossible to get these seats as such a small seat inventory is allocated

I usually book 330 days out even with US. So far I have I am batting 1000 when booking a year out. However, I tried using my DM for a UA booking to Hawaii and I struck out. I tried every airport in Hawaii that UA serves from various gateways and still struck out. It appears UA does not release too many Hawaii seats to US. Hopefully the new US will not be too stingy on F reward seats to Hawaii.

P.S. Does Virgin allow you to upgrade with miles?

SanDiegoShaun Aug 30, 2005 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by ExtrAAordinaire

Just a question and try not to take this the worng way. However as an HP employee don't you have an obligation to keep information that is not yet public, confidential until that time that it is determined okay to discuss. Probably would not be the best thing if BA had not yet been notified and found out from here. :rolleyes:

I am just asking, for all I know you could have been told it was okay to leak this information before HP was able to issue a press release on it.

Again don't take this the wrong way as I realize everyone wants to know the inside scoop and you are just trying to help. I am sure everyone including myself appreciates your participation in here, just wondering if there is a balance.

Oh and yes it's a shame to see BA go, the PHX to LHR is the best, but its a balancing act with * and the world it opens up both domestically and internationally. ;)

fly747first Aug 30, 2005 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO

Totally sucks.

As much as I love BA, Star Alliance will soon include Swiss and South African Airways, so I don't see how you guys are going to be missing much. South African has an award-winning First Class, just like BA does.

ByrdluvsAWACO Aug 30, 2005 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiegoShaun
Just a question and try not to take this the worng way. However as an HP employee don't you have an obligation to keep information that is not yet public, confidential until that time that it is determined okay to discuss. Probably would not be the best thing if BA had not yet been notified and found out from here. :rolleyes:

I for one am glad he posted it here, confidential or not. ^

Especially when we don't know when is HP going to officially let us know the codeshare is ending? How much longer are they going to sit on this info? Until Oct. 28th?

It can't take long to draft one of their lame PR's spinning this lose as some kind of gain for FF members.

I'm sure someone at HP knew this info before Extra posted it. Why hasn't it been released yet? :mad:

enviroian Aug 30, 2005 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by fly747first
As much as I love BA, Star Alliance will soon include Swiss and South African Airways, so I don't see how you guys are going to be missing much. South African has an award-winning First Class, just like BA does.

Well for me at least taking advantage of South African's J class on a trip to Cape Town is about as meaningful as using RJ to Amman :rolleyes:

ExtrAAordinaire Aug 30, 2005 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiegoShaun

I am just asking, for all I know you could have been told it was okay to leak this information before HP was able to issue a press release on it.

Again don't take this the wrong way as I realize everyone wants to know the inside scoop and you are just trying to help. I am sure everyone including myself appreciates your participation in here, just wondering if there is a balance.

Oh and yes it's a shame to see BA go, the PHX to LHR is the best, but its a balancing act with * and the world it opens up both domestically and internationally. ;)

Believe me, I share your concern. I am very cautious before posting on FT. I would never share confidential information, nor would I ever disclose information that I felt in any way would or could harm, jeopardize, or compromise the competitive position of HP/US -- be it confidential or not.

As you said, it is a bit of a balancing act deciding what, in the FT spirit of community, I am able to share, and what is best kept to myself. Whenever I am in doubt, I err on the side of caution. That said, I do sincerely appreciate your comments, and am always receptive to feedback!

Joeypete Aug 30, 2005 10:39 pm

WOW....we haven't heard anything yet about this. I wonder if it has to do with the merger....if the codeshare ends, that leaves us upon to fly to LGW from PHX...lol.