BA Codeshare to End 29OCT05

Old Sep 12, 2005, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by fly747first
Well Skytrax and many passengers, including me, have a very different opinion of SAA. Skytrax has ranked SAA J Class 5 stars, and granted Skytrax can be subjective at times but they do take 5-star ranks very seriously. I have flown SAA from IAD to JNB in J Class on a 744 and the service was flawless, meals were quite acceptable, and the J Class full flat beds were superb. No US carrier offers a 5-star J Class at the moment. I will take my chances with SAA, thank you.
Go ahead and be my guest! After my experience, I will not be patronizing SAA in J class -- unless they start guaranteeing their service. It's too bad that a US carrier doesn't fly to CPT and JNB.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by imverge
OPTION... Now that America West is part of STAR, you can fly PHX>YYZ>LHR in Executive FIRST on AIR CANADA. I would take the time to look at Air Canada's network at www.aircanada.com it offers many international routes.
America West is not part of star until UA has said so. Officially, buried in the fine print, is notice that accession talks have not even begun.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 12:08 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by martin33
America West is not part of star until UA has said so. Officially, buried in the fine print, is notice that accession talks have not even begun.
True, but that's fishy. They're referring to Star membership in so many other venues without couching it that I've got to believe that there's some official reason that "discussions have not yet begun," but that behind-the-scenes, it's a done deal with UA.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 4:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by sassamanlaw
I usually book 330 days out even with US. So far I have I am batting 1000 when booking a year out. However, I tried using my DM for a UA booking to Hawaii and I struck out. I tried every airport in Hawaii that UA serves from various gateways and still struck out. It appears UA does not release too many Hawaii seats to US. Hopefully the new US will not be too stingy on F reward seats to Hawaii.
You'll have better luck trying to book a UA award to Hawaii in the 60-90 day range. Hawaii is a big destination for people using miles.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
True, but that's fishy. They're referring to Star membership in so many other venues without couching it that I've got to believe that there's some official reason that "discussions have not yet begun," but that behind-the-scenes, it's a done deal with UA.
true, it's possible that UA is just waiting to see if the "new US" actually happens. at the rate things are going south at the old US, that's no longer a 100% certainty--- at the least, the outside equity investors should be demanding a change in terms.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 7:26 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, MH Gold, SPG Platinum
true, it's possible that UA is just waiting to see if the "new US" actually happens. at the rate things are going south at the old US, that's no longer a 100% certainty--- at the least, the outside equity investors should be demanding a change in terms.
What are you talking about? I haven't heard any reported problems so I'm just curious.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 7:59 pm

Ooops... well I am jumping the gun... I do believe that once merged US Airways & America West will "both" be part of Star... The writing's on the wall.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.