FlightFund converting to Dividend Miles...

Old Aug 30, 2005, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO - Platinum and SPG - Platinum
FlightFund converting to Dividend Miles...

I haven't seen anyone post this so far, but the new US Airways frequent flyer program will be Dividend Miles for sure. They are still working on the conversions, but everyone with a flightfund membership will be given a Dividend Miles membership. As of now elite levels are being worked out. There is a huge 30 page document that list all the comparisons and contrasts of the two programs. They are trying to work out a great new program for everyone.
Old Aug 30, 2005, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
I hope you will give us a sneak-preview of the program when everything has been finalized.
Old Aug 30, 2005, 3:38 pm

what about those of us with both numbers - will there be an easy way to link the two together?
Old Aug 30, 2005, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by medic
what about those of us with both numbers - will there be an easy way to link the two together?
Just a guess, but I would assume FFD account would be merged into your DM account.
Old Aug 30, 2005, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by NastyNoble357
I haven't seen anyone post this so far, but the new US Airways frequent flyer program will be Dividend Miles for sure. They are still working on the conversions, but everyone with a flightfund membership will be given a Dividend Miles membership. As of now elite levels are being worked out. There is a huge 30 page document that list all the comparisons and contrasts of the two programs. They are trying to work out a great new program for everyone.

I'm guessing that in terms of the number of miles required for awards, there will be little flexibility since they have to match the Star Alliance awards. Still, Star Alliance awards are way generous when compared to oneworld awards. On another note, if they grant HP Platinum Elite members who fly less than 100,000 miles per year Chairman's Preferred status, then upgrades are definitely going to become rare like Continental's NonePass.
Old Aug 31, 2005, 1:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 75k, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by fly747first
On another note, if they grant HP Platinum Elite members who fly less than 100,000 miles per year Chairman's Preferred status, then upgrades are definitely going to become rare like Continental's NonePass.

I would guess that they are going to do just that. How can they not? What sense would it make to upset the Plats that earned their status per the rules on the airline they were flying. I just don't see Doug doing this to the FF from HP.

I can see the totals changing for next year.

Jennifer
Old Aug 31, 2005, 2:45 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by JenniferNAz
I would guess that they are going to do just that. How can they not? What sense would it make to upset the Plats that earned their status per the rules on the airline they were flying. I just don't see Doug doing this to the FF from HP.

I can see the totals changing for next year.

Jennifer
I'm of the notion they will take all those current plats and put them at Chairmans until the end of the program year (02/06). Then those that make the 75K threshold for this year but not 100K will be given a challenge to get back to CP for the next year when they know they need to fly 100K. It's really the only fair solution to merging them without ticking off a group of FFs.

Lance
Old Aug 31, 2005, 4:58 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by Robertsonland
I'm of the notion they will take all those current plats and put them at Chairmans until the end of the program year (02/06). Then those that make the 75K threshold for this year but not 100K will be given a challenge to get back to CP for the next year when they know they need to fly 100K. It's really the only fair solution to merging them without ticking off a group of FFs.

Lance
Kind of a nasty surprise to spring on those who had/will achieve 75k-99.9k but weren't planning on flying any more for the rest of the year.

If they're going to make top-tier 100k, then they should live with one year of a mix of 75k+ HP Plats and 100k+ US CP as the top tier fliers in the new alliance.
Old Aug 31, 2005, 7:25 pm

Programs: NetJets Marquis, Southwest Moo, Marriott Platinum
DM = BM

Why would they use such a lame name of a program? I get the feeling that they are going all US Airways which will switch me out permanently. I hated US Air.

Everything I hear is a negative; will rebook my next flight to DFW with AA as I have a feeling that HP is a goner for me for good.
Old Aug 31, 2005, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KevAZ
DM = BM

Why would they use such a lame name of a program? I get the feeling that they are going all US Airways which will switch me out permanently. I hated US Air.

Everything I hear is a negative; will rebook my next flight to DFW with AA as I have a feeling that HP is a goner for me for good.

Forgive me, but what's wrong with the name Dividend Miles? It's actually pretty good in comparison to less refined names such as Flight Fund, AAdvantage, OnePass, Skymiles, WorldPerks, and Mileage Plus. Most of us like it.

Everything you hear is negative? Have fun flying AA on those distasteful MD-80s and giving up 10,000 extra miles for an international business class ticket or 25,000 extra miles for an international first class ticket to Europe, among many others...
Old Aug 31, 2005, 11:06 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Cool

Originally Posted by fly747first
Forgive me, but what's wrong with the name Dividend Miles? It's actually pretty good in comparison to less refined names such as Flight Fund, AAdvantage, OnePass, Skymiles, WorldPerks, and Mileage Plus. Most of us like it.
Dividend miles is a pretty dumb name. It sounds like your receiving miles for owning stock.

The names FlightFund, and Skymiles actually sound like something related aviation.
Old Sep 1, 2005, 12:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 75k, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Spiff
Kind of a nasty surprise to spring on those who had/will achieve 75k-99.9k but weren't planning on flying any more for the rest of the year.

If they're going to make top-tier 100k, then they should live with one year of a mix of 75k+ HP Plats and 100k+ US CP as the top tier fliers in the new alliance.

This is exactly what I would guess will happen. What is the upside of ticking off all the Plats from HP. I know if I fly the 75k per the program rules this year I had better get the Plat level benefits or above if they make the change.

The other posters idea that it would be good only till 2006 would basically be telling you that it doesn't matter you flew 75k+ miles with us in 2005 and we are not going to give you what we promised. Oh, but those who flew 25-74k do get the benefits they earned. This is not an option in my opinion.

Just to stir the pot a bit more I had another related question. What happens from the time the merger happens (10/1?) until they get all the program rules worked out? US CP's get to upgrade at 7 days and HP Plats at 3 days? That won't go over well either I am guessing.

Jennifer
Old Sep 1, 2005, 4:33 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by JenniferNAz
This is exactly what I would guess will happen. What is the upside of ticking off all the Plats from HP. I know if I fly the 75k per the program rules this year I had better get the Plat level benefits or above if they make the change.

The other posters idea that it would be good only till 2006 would basically be telling you that it doesn't matter you flew 75k+ miles with us in 2005 and we are not going to give you what we promised. Oh, but those who flew 25-74k do get the benefits they earned. This is not an option in my opinion.

Just to stir the pot a bit more I had another related question. What happens from the time the merger happens (10/1?) until they get all the program rules worked out? US CP's get to upgrade at 7 days and HP Plats at 3 days? That won't go over well either I am guessing.

Jennifer
The other poster, me, has thought more about it, and through 2007 would be correct, not 2006. Especially if HP keeps the priority of upgrades based on your rolling 12 months of miles. That way you may have a GLUT of top levels but those top levels will get sorted out by the number of miles they flew in the prior 12 months. So those US airways people who flew 100K would be placed ahead of those HP plats who flew 75K. That would be the fair thing to do. The question then arises for those US Air people who flew 75K-100K do they still just get Gold because they never had a promise of another elite level at 75K? I think that's fair in terms of what they were expecting for the coming year.

Either way I think there will be a GLUT of top levels the first full year of the program with things shaking out after we have a complete program year under the belt. Thanks for setting me straight...

Lance
Old Sep 1, 2005, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
Dividend miles is a pretty dumb name. It sounds like your receiving miles for owning stock.

The names FlightFund, and Skymiles actually sound like something related aviation.

Yes, the same way that cabin crews like those passengers who know how to eat properly in F more than those who are clearly new money. Get the picture?
Old Sep 1, 2005, 10:58 am

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO

I like both the names FlightFund and Skymiles. Dividend miles is pretty lame but hey, they're the miles that pay dividends... at least it sorta makes sense, unlike MileagePlus, for example, which could just as easily be coming from BP/Amoco or something.

As for those of who who detest US and would rather fly AA... are you feeling ok? As negative as I usually am about US and as much as I am thoroughly entrenched in AAdvantage, I have enjoyed every US flight I have taken in the last few years and really dislike the AA mad dawgs (MD-80s) and A300s that I have been travelling in. Given the choice I would take US over AA any day.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.