FlightFund converting to Dividend Miles...

Old Sep 6, 2005, 4:02 pm

Programs: NetJets Marquis, Southwest Moo, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Robertsonland
So why exactly did you cancel your flight? I mean nothing has been formally announced yet as to what the plan is. So if Parker and Co. give us Plats Chairmans for 2006 which gives us an entire year to fly 100K on the new route system, why would you think you would be in the "back" more than you are now? You obviously fly alot of miles so 100K shouldn't be out of the question for you.
Lance, It appears that the new line will provide CP higher status in 2005 (confirmed elsewhere in that programs will not change until 2006) so why should I waste miles with HP when I can bump my AA up to Exec P? Given that I will have to fly a year of East coast flights at a major disadvantage, why would I want to go through a year of that just to get back to where I was in 2005?

Simple answer is, "I won't." I'll be Exec P AA before the end of the year and will end up being upgraded 90% of the time on AA (or close to it) rather than getting folded into an undersized Y seat on US.

It's quite simple.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by KevAZ
Lance, It appears that the new line will provide CP higher status in 2005 (confirmed elsewhere in that programs will not change until 2006) so why should I waste miles with HP when I can bump my AA up to Exec P? Given that I will have to fly a year of East coast flights at a major disadvantage, why would I want to go through a year of that just to get back to where I was in 2005?

Simple answer is, "I won't." I'll be Exec P AA before the end of the year and will end up being upgraded 90% of the time on AA (or close to it) rather than getting folded into an undersized Y seat on US.

It's quite simple.
Can you show me where you read it was confirmed that there would be higher status for US CP's over HP Plats for the rest of 2005 year? I've been reading what I could about it but certainly could have missed it but most posts here have been speculation at best and I haven't read anywhere that HP plats would stay at platinum and not be given top tier status for the remainder of 2005 (the program year).

If it's confirmed that this is going to happen I don't blame you in the least. To give US CPs top tier status over us when we had no 100K tier would certainly tick me off especially since we already have a model that gives those with higher amounts of miles in the last 12 months priority over those with fewer miles when they are in the same tier. Let that sort it out and give us all top tier status...

I'm already mad at the letter that some received that said they will only take EQMs from EITHER DM or FF and not both but encourage us to fly US when we can't take HP. All we'll end up getting is our total miles transferred over but someone that has 50K in both programs is sucking at gold instead of Chairmans in the new program.

I'll start writing letters now if that is the case....

Lance

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.