FlightFund converting to Dividend Miles...

Old Sep 3, 2005, 7:13 am
JRF

Programs: DL Flying Colonel
The customers of US should be happy they even get to keep their miles. If it were not for HP, US may not even exist much longer and then they would have no miles all.

It was a sad day for me when US changed my FF number a few years ago. It used to be my PI number with a 7 in the front. All of a sudden it stops working, no new card, no letter. I called up and they told me to change the 7 to a 9, and walah, it started working again. Then a few months later it stopped again. I call and they had issued me a new number, no more old PI numbers.

I really dislike US, although in fareness, I disliked MetroJet. My last two flights with MJ I was lied to about delays and as a result I missed the oppertunity to make reservation changes. But back to the topic, US pax should just kiss HP for keeping the airlines alive. A new FF program should be created, or they should go with the HP program. The more they stick with US stuff, the quicker they will get back t the failing formula US used to run the airlines.

Last edited by JRF; Sep 3, 2005 at 7:43 am
Old Sep 3, 2005, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by JRF
The customers of US should be happy they even get to keep their miles. If it were not for HP, US may not even exist much longer and then they would have no miles all.

It was a sad day for me when US changed my FF number a few years ago. It used to be my PI number with a 7 in the front. All of a sudden it stops working, no new card, no letter. I called up and they told me to change the 7 to a 9, and walah, it started working again. Then a few months later it stopped again. I call and they had issued me a new number, no more old PI numbers.

I really dislike US, although in fareness, I disliked MetroJet. My last two flights with MJ I was lied to about delays and as a result I missed the oppertunity to make reservation changes. But back to the topic, US pax should just kiss HP for keeping the airlines alive. A new FF program should be created, or they should go with the HP program. The more they stick with US stuff, the quicker they will get back t the failing formula US used to run the airlines.

No darling, those of us who have Preferred status on US do not owe HP anything. If US Airways would have liquidated, United would have most likely taken us, in case you missed that memo, United loves, loves US CPs up to a point that they upgrade US CPs right after their 1Ks.

Bottom line, the new US Airways will have by far, a much greater number of former US Preferred members than HP Elites, sorry...
Old Sep 3, 2005, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PhxFlyGuy
Just because US has more planes and flies more routes doesn't mean that those of us on the west side of the country don't fly just as much as you do. It's going to be one airline, and yes, I would expect that we would get the same rewards that you get including those transatlantic upgrade opportunities. Just because we are called platinums doesn't mean that we fly the minimum to qualify.
If you fly at least 100K a year like us CPs, then you have my full respect, and yes I agree you should get the TA upgrades. Unfortunately, those of you who fly under 100K will not be getting them. I think it's fair. Before the merger, HP Plats never had TA upgrades simply because HP has never had TA flights, so don't expect a free ride if you haven't flown 100K like US CPs.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 11:14 am
JRF

Originally Posted by fly747first
No darling, those of us who have Preferred status on US do not owe HP anything. If US Airways would have liquidated, United would have most likely taken us, in case you missed that memo, United loves, loves US CPs up to a point that they upgrade US CPs right after their 1Ks.

Bottom line, the new US Airways will have by far, a much greater number of former US Preferred members than HP Elites, sorry...
Great, I hope HP screws your program, and then you will owe them even less...

HP can give you what ever they want, and you have no control. HP should watch out for their own customers first, as US's customers certainly not led them to profitability.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO

So this means that HP Plats are being placed below US' top tier. Now I not only have to compete with hoardes of US roaches for upgrades, but now I'm below them in the upgrade window.

You're teetering on the edge of decency here. What makes you LESS of a roach than any other US flier? What makes the hoardes of current HP elites that you already compete with LESS roach-like than other US fliers? Your comments imply that you deserve an upgrade more than a US flier does. If anything, a LOW FARE airline flier is more of a roach than a legacy airline flier. I know that isn't necessarily true, but please think about what you're saying before you post it. There are some people (ehemm) who qualify for their US status by flying $300+ shuttle segments and short (often expensive) hops up and down the east coast that hardly deserve to be criticized.

I understand everyone's concerns here. Like another poster has stated, those HP elites that have flown more than 100k miles or 100 segments certainly deserve the same recognition that US Chairman's currently receive. But I find it odd that there are some HP fliers who fly between 75-100k a year and are expecting to be viewed as equal to US Chairman's. That just doesn't make sense.

If you seriously are that angered by these changes, maybe you should let someone at HP or US know how you feel. If you despise US as much as it seems (Dividend Miles is a "dumb" name, etc, etc) then why not take your business elsewhere?
Old Sep 3, 2005, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA Prem. Exec, HP Plat, DL, NW, Hertz #1 Gold, Emerald Club

United would have most likely taken us? Or wait....maybe Delta? An airline thats been bankrupt for two years. Righttttttttt.......I'm glad you didn't hold you breath. You should be thanking HP that you have an airline to fly at all. Oh, one more thing. I don't think anyone here is your darling.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 12:49 pm
JRF

Originally Posted by GotCalcio4
You're teetering on the edge of decency here. What makes you LESS of a roach than any other US flier? What makes the hoardes of current HP elites that you already compete with LESS roach-like than other US fliers?
THe president of HP can do what ever he pleases. If he decides there should be no FF transfer for US PAX, then that is what will happen. Now, that would probably never happen becuase too many valuable customers would leave. But US PAX thinking they are owed anything is a total joke. You are lucky that you keep your miles and that DL does not suck you down.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
I have no feelings toward US good or bad nor do I have strong feelings for or against the new livery (if it were all white with our name handpainted on by a blind man, it wouldn't make that big of a difference to me) I just want them to be as fair as they can across the board. Now I know they just did a challenge of moving up to CP over on US where alot of people who may or may not have made CP or will make CP again got a chance to up to CP and thus leapfrog ahead of say someone who puts in 90K this year but because HP decides (just going with what the flow thinks here and we all know it's all unknown for now) to move over CPs as Chairmans and HP Plats as this middle tier between gold and chairmans just isn't all that fair. If they have a "bunch" of CPs who don't have 100K this year alone (not to mention those that keep rolling over 25K each year) then what they should do is bump Plats and CPs to the chairman level, then use the # of miles you've actually flown in the last 12 months for the airline (HP history and US history) to sort out who's "better" and thus gets the upgrade. If we are all on the same level then your up to date 12 month history flushes out who's done more for the airline in the last 12 months. So the CP that flew 110K in the last 12 rolling month is eligible first over the HP Plat that may have flow 90k but the HP plat that has say 105K would be picked over a US CP that has only 103K or even a CP that has 120 500 mile segments as that is only 60K of flight miles.

I know there are a few US CPs out there that think US CPs are better than any HP elite for some unknown reason but US fliers has a 100K tier to fly for, HP had only a 75K tier to fly for and no real reason to fly after that as there is no rollover in the HP system so no real incentive to bring that flying up to 100K on the off chance we may merge with some airline that has a 100K tier we need to qualify for.

I know there are some HP fliers out there that think all US fliers should probably start at the bottom of the ladder then climb up through which just isn't fair at all.

When we merge each tier should be put on equal footing to start Silver to Silver Preferred, Gold to Gold Preferred, and Platinum to Chairmans Preferred, then create this new Platinum level (although I think it's totally unneeded and a waste of money) that golds will go through to get to chairmans...

Just my $.02 worth but I think this is a way to make it fair across the board given that we are merging 2 top tiers that are quite different in their requirements and perks.

Lance

Edited to fix mileage typo.

Last edited by Robertsonland; Sep 5, 2005 at 7:28 am
Old Sep 3, 2005, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JRF
THe president of HP can do what ever he pleases. If he decides there should be no FF transfer for US PAX, then that is what will happen. Now, that would probably never happen becuase too many valuable customers would leave. But US PAX thinking they are owed anything is a total joke. You are lucky that you keep your miles and that DL does not suck you down.

Again, it's already been mentioned that a fourth level will be introduced. Clearly, Parker is not planning on giving away CP status to HP Plats without them flying 100K. Why should he? After all, the new US Airways is gonna have tons and tons of former US Airways Preferred members. It's not just about pleasing former HP Elites anymore. I'm sorry to break it to you, but in the past, when all you HP lovers said that the US Airways would become history, I said that it was the America West name that we would say "buenas noches" to, and now you know who was right. In other words, it's a process of transition, Parker will favor those customers who bring the most money. You guys have never paid 6K-8K for a single HP ticket, hmmmm simply because HP never had a transtlantic premium class.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JRF
Great, I hope HP screws your program, and then you will owe them even less...

HP can give you what ever they want, and you have no control. HP should watch out for their own customers first, as US's customers certainly not led them to profitability.

Ahhh... the voice of wisdom has spoken? Are you even HP Plat or US CP?
Old Sep 3, 2005, 11:18 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
Clearly, Parker is not planning on giving away CP status to HP Plats without them flying 100K.
I'm sorry, I didn't know you've been sitting in on all the meetings and were privy to what the new US Airways was going to do with it's DM program. Perhaps you can fill us in on exactly everything that will happen since you know exactly what it will be.

No one really knows until it's made official. And contrary to your believe US CPs don't walk on water and aren't God's gift to an airline. If they were, US wouldn't need HP to help it get it's but out of bankrupcy. I hate to burst your bubble (actually no I don't as I think your postings on these matters are mostly useless) but ALL upper tier elites are going to be valuable at least for the first year as they try and re-install confidence in the new airline. Now I may be wrong and you may be right...and the apocolypse may just be around the corner too but you don't need to needle people with every single post you make on this merger topic.

Lance
Old Sep 4, 2005, 5:31 am

Programs: HP/US
Originally Posted by Robertsonland
I'm sorry, I didn't know you've been sitting in on all the meetings and were privy to what the new US Airways was going to do with it's DM program. Perhaps you can fill us in on exactly everything that will happen since you know exactly what it will be.

No one really knows until it's made official. And contrary to your believe US CPs don't walk on water and aren't God's gift to an airline. If they were, US wouldn't need HP to help it get it's but out of bankrupcy. I hate to burst your bubble (actually no I don't as I think your postings on these matters are mostly useless) but ALL upper tier elites are going to be valuable at least for the first year as they try and re-install confidence in the new airline. Now I may be wrong and you may be right...and the apocolypse may just be around the corner too but you don't need to needle people with every single post you make on this merger topic.

Lance
Well said Lance. I'm sure most people agree that fly747first has always been anti-HP and his comments in this post support this. There is no need to be sarcastic with the "darling" or "voice of reason" comments.
Like Lance said, if HP and US would not have merged, your CP status on US would have been worth as much as a single share of US stock--about .27 and sinking fast. ALL Elite members from BOTH US and HP are going to be valuable after the merger.
Personally, I know some things that are coming up but will not share until they have been made public by HP.
Old Sep 4, 2005, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question

Originally Posted by snokums925
Well said Lance. I'm sure most people agree that fly747first has always been anti-HP and his comments in this post support this. There is no need to be sarcastic with the "darling" or "voice of reason" comments.
Like Lance said, if HP and US would not have merged, your CP status on US would have been worth as much as a single share of US stock--about .27 and sinking fast. ALL Elite members from BOTH US and HP are going to be valuable after the merger.
Personally, I know some things that are coming up but will not share until they have been made public by HP.

First of all, I apologize if I do not sympathize with HP as much as you do, then again you are the one who works for them. It's not so much that I'm anti-HP, but the fact that most of you think that we owe HP the world. If US Airways was really that bad and had nothing to offer, why did HP agree to merge with them? We all know that Parker is a smart a guy.

Secondly, just because some of you do not understand a dry sense of humor does not mean that I'm taking personal attacks on certain individuals. Enough is enough, in the past I was right, and time will once again favor me. By the way, as a soon-to-be 'new US Airways' employee, you may want to treat your customers better, after all, many of us-- US CPs have been flying at least 100,000 miles a year (unlike your beloved HP Plats) and thus generating a lot more revenue, especially given the case that yours truly often pays for full-fare Y class as well as F. The numbers don't lie.
Old Sep 4, 2005, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by flyingtool
Hi guys. The "FlightFund" program is adding a 4th level called Chairmans. Qualification is 100k miles or 100 segments. This has ALREADY HAPPENED on the database, but the changes to the customer will appear on the day the formal merger announcement is made (somewhere around October 1st.) There are no immediate plans to combine DM accounts with FF accounts - this will happen, but it is not a focus item for the 10/1 date. From what i have heard, no new cards/numbers will be issued to replace FlightFund cards right away. There are a couple thousand account numbers that exist in both the US and HP system, so eventually, i would expect those members to have their numbers reissued, but no new cards will be issued until the new program year. Looking at next year, there will be "at least" 4 elite levels, but the talk right now is to add a 5th level (below Silver). That may or may not happen, based on other priorities.

Well since this thread seemed to get off track a little, thought I'd add what I heard recently, from a new million-miler that was recent feted with the skybox treatment, and who talked to an HP exec there...
(and apparently didn't sign a NDA )

Level/miles/segments/upgrade days window:

silver... 25K 30 1
gold..... 50K 60 2
platinum. 75K 90 3
chairman. 100K 120 7

HP Platinums for 2005 will get Chairman for 2006 only, then the new rules apply to everyone. Now, I'm not saying the quoted poster above is wrong about 100 segments for Chairman, only that I heard differently - and all of the above is second-hand.

imho, this sounds like a pretty fair compromise, designed not to p.o. currentl HP platinums. I'm bummed because as a weekly commuter, chairman's won't be in my reach next year without a lot of extra-curricular flying. Alas.
Won't know until we see the new route map how much I can apply all the good stuff learned from VJ last week (thanks again!).

hth
Old Sep 4, 2005, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by JRF

Thank you for informing me that the president of HP can do whatever he pleases. And did I ever mention that I was owed anything? I'm not attacking anyone here, I'm simply pointing out the fact if someone detests US so much, then he should take his business elsewhere. And YES! How lucky we are that DL doesn't suck us down!! DL is going to suck itself down. That airline is in such a horrible position right now that I would seriously be surprised if it survived Ch11 without liquidating. I'm sorry, but DL isn't going to be sucking anyone down anytime soon.

FURTHERMORE. I've flown HP for several years now and have status with the airline. I don't solely identify myself as a "US flyer" that deserves much more than any other HP flyer.

Anyways, all these stupid little arguments we're having here are soon to become moot. We'll all become 1 in a couple of months, so I don't understand why anyone here would ever argue that their airline is better than the other and that some people are owed more than others, etc, etc. Pretty soon there's just going to be one US.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.