So it's official

Old Aug 30, 2005, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
As for US Airways’ monetary benefit from being a part of the Star Alliance, we’re not privy to that financial information yet.
Taking the conversation off topic, it seems odd HP would have all the financial details so late in the merger game. I'm not an M&A expert by any means, but would they have gotten this closure along with other financial details. Maybe HP just doesn't think *A financial add that much to the mix and haven't bothered, but that seems to at least not peak at that part of the books.
Old Aug 30, 2005, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
Yeah, but we take a step down in losing BA & VS to Europe. LH is ok, but I'm not fond of them.

Let's be real, securing F/J awards on SQ using US miles isn't going to be a walk in the park. We'd be competing with SQ PPS elite members(who get first crack at awards), the massive amount of *A FF members, VS, DL, and MX FF members.

If UA pulls the plug, I can't say that I'd be crying over the issue. I like flying in VS' UC cabin.

I assume you have little experience using DM to fly SQ. I have gotten free F awards on SQ using my Dividend Miles even when redeeming the award a month before departure. SQ is rather fair and allows other *A carriers to redeem awards operated by SQ freely, unlike United that blocks off tons of award seats.
Old Aug 30, 2005, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Red face

Originally Posted by fly747first
I assume you have little experience using DM to fly SQ. I have gotten free F awards on SQ using my Dividend Miles even when redeeming the award a month before departure. SQ is rather fair and allows other *A carriers to redeem awards operated by SQ freely, unlike United that blocks off tons of award seats.
Your'e correct. I was basing my opinion on the comments of others who were trying to book awards on SQ.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.