us air miles for HP flight

Old Aug 24, 05, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

us air miles for HP flight

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but I couldn't find it with a search.

I'm scheduled on a HP flight soon, but I need to earn some miles on US Air so my dividend air miles don't lapse (I haven't flown them in a few years). Will HP give me miles on my dividend miles account instead of my flight fund account?

I know the miles from both airlines will all aggregate into a single account once the merger is complete, but I'm just afraid to lose close to 40K us air miles if things don't go smoothly with the frequent flyer plans joining together.
Old Aug 24, 05, 5:46 pm

No. Are their any other mileage-earning options on your trip (hotel, car)?

You could also spend a few points via points.com, or donate 5k to Make A Wish. Any activity (earn or spend) should keep your balance alive.
Old Aug 24, 05, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG PLT
How soon is "soon"?
Old Aug 25, 05, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ExtrAAordinaire
How soon is "soon"?
December, but my travel schedule for work for the rest of the year is a bit up in the air.

As far as the car/hotel option, I'm visting family, so not on this trip. I guess I'll just rent a car for a day if I don't travel elsewhere before the miles expire. I just didn't want to spend extra if I didn't need it.

Thanks for answering my question.
Old Aug 25, 05, 9:14 am

Oddly enough, even though we are merging with them, we have no affiliation what-so-ever. Not even and ETKT agreement! Go figure..lol.
Old Aug 25, 05, 10:18 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by medic
December, but my travel schedule for work for the rest of the year is a bit up in the air.

As far as the car/hotel option, I'm visting family, so not on this trip. I guess I'll just rent a car for a day if I don't travel elsewhere before the miles expire. I just didn't want to spend extra if I didn't need it.

Thanks for answering my question.
Presumably, after October 1 (or thereabouts), you should be able to collect FF miles in either FFD or DM (at least until FFD is phased out).
Old Aug 25, 05, 5:15 pm

Programs: HP/US
Originally Posted by Joeypete
Oddly enough, even though we are merging with them, we have no affiliation what-so-ever. Not even and ETKT agreement! Go figure..lol.
The etkt agreement should be in effect by the end of the month--at least that was the last word around here!
Old Aug 26, 05, 9:11 am

That's great....it doesn't seem to take long to get ETKT agreements. Our BA agreement seemed to happen overnight. I imagine in the next 2-3 weeks we'll see lots and lots of news and changes.

Search this Thread