HP Seat Map

Old Aug 16, 2005, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP
HP Seat Map

I just got booked on a last minute trip late next week on HP. My routing is YVR-PHX-SJC-LAS-YVR. I would've done AS for better connections, but the corporate agent booked me on HP, which has worse schedule. I haven't flown HP like for 8 years and have a few questions.

(1) On three of my four flights, the seat map is totally full and I can't get a seat. I'm wondering what's the percentage of seats are pre-assigned on seat map. First I want to make sure I won't get bumped because of no seat assignments and secondly I really want an aisle seat because I'm the type who needs to go to the washroom every 20-30 minutes.

(2) On my SJC-LAS-YVR flight, they booked me on a morning SJC-LAS with a connectoin on the LAS-YVR. The layover is like 5 hours, would SJC check in all my bags through? The reason I'm asking is because in the fare calculations, SJC-LAS and LAS-YVR is calculated separately as two individual flights, whereas YVR-PHX-SJC is calculated as one fare.

(3) I'm currently an AC Aeroplan, AAdvantage, AS, and Asiamiles member. Given that HP doesn't participate in any of these problems, I'll sign up with their Flightfund program. Does anyone know any good deals with exchange out of HP flightfund program through points.com??

Thanks.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat
2. I think with more than a 4 hour layover, it is considered a stop over, not a connection, and therefore two different flights. I think the bags can still be checked all the way through, so that just gives you 5 hours to hang out in Vegas.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 8:31 pm

3. Just a friendly reminder, HP flightfund will merge with US Dividend programme and will be part of *A.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 6:58 am

Programs: AA Advantage Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by UABigBird
so that just gives you 5 hours to hang out in Vegas.
Hmmm, what could I do in Vegas for 5 hours...
Old Aug 18, 2005, 7:45 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by TopGun
Hmmm, what could I do in Vegas for 5 hours...
Whatever you do...it stays there

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.