FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   America West FlightFund (Pre-2005 US Airways merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/america-west-flightfund-pre-2005-us-airways-merger-444/)
-   -   $100 Change Fee (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/america-west-flightfund-pre-2005-us-airways-merger/462667-100-change-fee.html)

Insiderdude Aug 14, 2005 8:37 pm

$100 Change Fee

Does anyone have experience with the $100 change fee that HP levies on itineraries? I want to change the dates of 1 or 2 flights and I know they normally charge $100 plus any fare difference. I will pay the fare difference - that's only fair, but as a Plat. Elite is there a chance they will waive the $100?

AZ Travels the World Aug 14, 2005 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by Insiderdude
Does anyone have experience with the $100 change fee that HP levies on itineraries? I want to change the dates of 1 or 2 flights and I know they normally charge $100 plus any fare difference. I will pay the fare difference - that's only fair, but as a Plat. Elite is there a chance they will waive the $100?

Not likely. They've done it for me a handfull of times, but only when it could be clearly justified by a schedule change, a significant weather situation (i.e. potential hurricane) or the like. In my experience, Platinum doesn't mean much, if anything, when it comes to res changes without the fee.

Joeypete Aug 15, 2005 12:29 pm

If you ever want a fee waived, always ask the Elite desk...never ask an agent at the airport or reservations. They monitor things like that and we actually had someone get fired because of waiving fees for Elite members. Suprisingly enough you guys are monitored more than anyone else. If an agent does something like that for an Elite, they are more likely to get snagged rather than if it was just a regular passenger.

NastyNoble357 Aug 15, 2005 2:47 pm

I doubt you can get this fee waived without a warranted reason like explained earlier. People booking flights on certain days and then changing them is big problem for HP. Personally, I don't think that your elite status should warrant a waiver of the $100 change fee. That is why HP sells refundable tickets with out change penalties. Not trying to flame. I just see a lot of people on hear that wants to get everything for free since they are ELITE members. The only thing an elite member should expect and recieve is what is listed as a benefit(sp). Free upgrades - yes, Dedicated Phone Line - yes, Dedicated line at the airport - yes, Priorty seating - yes, Wavied change fee - no, jump seat - no, personal Flight Attendant - no, aisle to themselves - no.

Sorry for the rant........ Let the flames begin.

AZ Travels the World Aug 15, 2005 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by NastyNoble357
Sorry for the rant........ Let the flames begin.

Let's see, this is your first post (normally I'd say 'welcome to FlyerTalk' but that would be disingenuous), your handle is NastyNoble357 and you're inviting the flames.

Somehow I don't think you're really sorry. :(

NastyNoble357 Aug 16, 2005 10:48 am

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
Let's see, this is your first post (normally I'd say 'welcome to FlyerTalk' but that would be disingenuous), your handle is NastyNoble357 and you're inviting the flames.

Somehow I don't think you're really sorry. :(

My handle has been that for many years and has nothing to do with attitude. Also I am not sorry for feeling the way I do about what I said, but sorry for that being my first to be honest and comming across being a prick (I'm really not). I have been reading this board for about a year and a half now and I was just tired of reading about other elite members whine and try to get something for free. As far as inviting the flames, I guess that is just me. I guess this was a bad first impression. So I will apologize and try to make the rest of my post a little bit more tactfull. I have some very knowledgeable insites with HP and want to be a good poster. I want to help people out, but at the same time I just get ticked off when some people forget that HP is a business. The more money they lose, they have to figure out ways to cover the loses. So cutting Elite benefits I am sure would follow.

AZ Travels the World Aug 16, 2005 12:28 pm

. . . So I will apologize and try to make the rest of my post a little bit more tactfull. I have some very knowledgeable insites with HP and want to be a good poster. . .

Sounds great -- I know I speak for many in saying that we look forward to your contributions. Welcome to FlyerTalk. :)

Most of us know the airline almost exclusively as customers -- many of us significant customers. A deeper level of knowledge and insight about what's going on behind the scenes, or a perspective that, perhaps we're not appropriately considering, is appreciated by most of us. At the same time, as you've witnessed, we have our emotions about it all, too. My hope as a member, and my objective as a moderator, is to help achieve a balance of perspective without letting emotion rule the day. Some days it works, others it doesn't.

rbedgood Aug 19, 2005 11:32 am

Nice play on words...

I have some very knowledgeable insites with HP and want to be a good poster. I want to help people out, but at the same time I just get ticked off when some people forget that HP is a business. .

Okay I have to ask...did you mean to "incite" a riot...or offer "insights" on HP?

Just curious ;) Seriously though, welcome to FT!!! All spelling errors are forgivable, but when humorous at times they must be pointed out. This one particularly (sp?) caught me funny when you were inviting flames.