Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Livery Unveiling

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2005, 5:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by KevAZ
Then they should drop the US name if they aren't proud enough to quit using a poorly drawn cartoon of the flag of the USA. I am no "flag wrapper" but if this was done with any other country's flag there would be hell to pay.
You mean like Air France or BA? I really like the US logo. Does Bank of America's logo bother you too?

Section 8i of the US Flag Code states: "The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown." So using the real flag as a logo probably isn't a good idea.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 9:52 pm

Programs: NetJets Marquis, Southwest Moo, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by murphy
You mean like Air France or BA? I really like the US logo. Does Bank of America's logo bother you too?
Actually I do like both of those airlines' livery! I have to rate US Air's at the bottom 3 or 4 in the world (and I've traveled all over the globe) I just think it looked absolutely horrible and the latest change improves it, but please get rid of that Bart Simpson like crap on the tail.

BofA looks somewhat like a real flying flag, at least it incorporates the colors and doesn't look like a livery for a hearse lease company.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.