When will the merge with USAir take place?

Old Aug 22, 2005, 11:59 am

Programs: HP/US
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
snokums925 is an HP employee and she reported some time ago that when HP's new web site was launched it was announced internally that it would be re-branded as the US Airways site once the merger occurs.
Actually "HE" reported!! No worries
Old Aug 22, 2005, 5:09 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold, UA Premier 1K, AA Gold (MM)
Dividend Miles versus FlightFund

Originally Posted by martin33
Dividend Miles is the surviving program, so presumably FlightFund gets sent to Discontinued Programs...
I hadn't heard this was for sure. All I'd heard to this point was that the new combined program would "feature the best aspects of both programs" or something to that effect.

Is this definitive?
Old Aug 25, 2005, 2:59 am
dd

when will the schedules be updated and flights recoded from HP to US? i am guessing if i book an HP flight now, for a flight at the end of October (HP is the only airline that flies to GYM), that by the time i fly, it will be recoded to US and i will be able to get UA EQM's for the flight. does this seem correct? i really hope so!
Old Aug 25, 2005, 6:33 am

Programs: HP/US
Originally Posted by dd
when will the schedules be updated and flights recoded from HP to US? i am guessing if i book an HP flight now, for a flight at the end of October (HP is the only airline that flies to GYM), that by the time i fly, it will be recoded to US and i will be able to get UA EQM's for the flight. does this seem correct? i really hope so!
Don't count on it. The merger will start as a codeshare where reservation agents will need to advise "Mr./Mrs. Paseenger you are confirmed on America West flight 9090 operated by USAirways" and vice versa. We are "hopefull" this will be ready to start on October 1. All things in this industry are STC!
The HP codeshare we had with CO was the same way...not sure if you will be able to get UA EQM's for this flight that soon. Maybe is the best answer I can provide right now!
Old Aug 28, 2005, 10:20 pm
dd

Originally Posted by snokums925
Don't count on it. The merger will start as a codeshare where reservation agents will need to advise "Mr./Mrs. Paseenger you are confirmed on America West flight 9090 operated by USAirways" and vice versa. We are "hopefull" this will be ready to start on October 1. All things in this industry are STC!
The HP codeshare we had with CO was the same way...not sure if you will be able to get UA EQM's for this flight that soon. Maybe is the best answer I can provide right now!
so it is probably best to wait until oct 1st when the flights should change to us flights and just book them as us flights... thanks for the info...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.