When will the merge with USAir take place?

Old Aug 13, 2005, 2:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by formeraa
Who will fill the US gates in T2? Will UA finally move out of the outdoor gates (C and D)? I noticed that Great Lakes now uses the improvised Gate E.
never flown through PHX but the idea of outdoor gates in the summer sounds awful? or are we just talking no jetways?

and what are improvised gates?
Old Aug 13, 2005, 8:27 pm

The building to the east of terminal 2 used to be the international terminal, and had A-D gates. The C & D gates are still in use. They're connected by an open-air walkway to terminal 2 on the airside.

T2 overview

The old T1 had an outdoor baggage claim.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 8:50 pm

I will be flying on BA on October 2. Can I still put my hp ff # on my flight and get credit?
Old Aug 15, 2005, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by dinise
I will be flying on BA on October 2. Can I still put my hp ff # on my flight and get credit?
Almost certainly. There will be plenty of notice if (and when) the BA partnership ends.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 9:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold
Whats going to happen with the Hawaiian FF program? Will it stay or go? I still cannot see United sticking with America West/US Air on code-shares. Continental dumped America West after it altered its pricing structure. What is the true benefit to United out of this?

Being in PDX, whats the chance of transcons from PDX to PHL or CLT hitting? Back before 9-11 USAir announced PDX would come back online again and actually had started selling PDX-PHL and PDX-PIT flights and had us all excited we'd have some decent east coast connections again. Right now we have 6x PDX-PHX and 3x PDX-LAS; I am hoping that at the very minimum we'd give up some PHX runs for some east coast runs. They'd gain some travelers who see PDX-PHX-Northeast as too far south to go.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by WebTraveler
Whats going to happen with the Hawaiian FF program? Will it stay or go? I still cannot see United sticking with America West/US Air on code-shares.
The HP/(US) codeshare on PHX-HNL will end once HP/(US) introduces its own Hawaii flights in December. However, inter-island codeshare services with HA will remain in force. Regarding UA, the 'new' US will be codesharing with United.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by ExtrAAordinaire
The HP/(US) codeshare on PHX-HNL will end once HP/(US) introduces its own Hawaii flights in December. However, inter-island codeshare services with HA will remain in force. Regarding UA, the 'new' US will be codesharing with United.
Right now, from what I understand the codeshare ends in October unless its renewed. I doubt that Hawaiian would renew it for just two months. I still do not see how it is in United's benefit to codeshare with HP/US. Aside from some east coast destinations, the USA is largely duplicated, what benefit is there to United? To America West?
Old Aug 16, 2005, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by WebTraveler
Right now, from what I understand the codeshare ends in October unless its renewed. I doubt that Hawaiian would renew it for just two months. I still do not see how it is in United's benefit to codeshare with HP/US. Aside from some east coast destinations, the USA is largely duplicated, what benefit is there to United? To America West?
It would bolster their southwest presence with unprecidented access to Mexico and would strenghten their LAX/So-Cal presence. It would also allow some weaker markets that are currently competing with HP to be code-shared on the "new US" and allow UA to focus on other markets. Former HP customers will have seemless accesss to the Pacific and Australia and Europe.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by ual744777sta
It would also allow some weaker markets that are currently competing with HP to be code-shared on the "new US" and allow UA to focus on other markets.
that's sure to bring out the antitrust enforcers-- it seems unwise to count on codesharing PHX/LAS-LAX/DEN/SFO...
Old Aug 17, 2005, 1:27 am

If UA stopped flying PHX/LAS-LAX/DEN/SFO, then it would be like the AA/AS relationship.
Old Aug 21, 2005, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by martin33
that's sure to bring out the antitrust enforcers-- it seems unwise to count on codesharing PHX/LAS-LAX/DEN/SFO...
I think it seems unwise to count on codesharing at all, except perhaps the northeast and some international routes Other than that, there is incredible duplication domestically.
Old Aug 22, 2005, 8:55 am
Original Member

Will this Forum disappear at midnight Oct. 1st?

So, will the US Airways and America West forums be merged on this date too?

Also, anyone know which website format will survive?

Originally Posted by Joeypete
Yes as of 10/1 (at this point) the 2 airlines will merge. The two will operate separately as far as crews, mx, etc go. The name will change however and all signage will become US Airways. To the customer it will be one airline, but to the workers, it will be separate for a while.

There is new stuff coming out just about every week now. It's exciting to hear what changes will take place.
Old Aug 22, 2005, 9:03 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CALeeIII

Also, anyone know which website format will survive?
I expect that the US and HP forums will be merged but as a moderator I've not been involved in any discussion surrounding any aspect of it.

snookums925 is an HP employee and she reported some time ago that when HP's new web site was launched it was announced internally that it would be re-branded as the US Airways site once the merger occurs.
Old Aug 22, 2005, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by sts603
never flown through PHX but the idea of outdoor gates in the summer sounds awful? or are we just talking no jetways?

and what are improvised gates?
Gate D has a jetway that banks up from ground level. Gate C has no jetway and is used for UAX RJ's. Yes, the short 3 minute walk can get a little warm during the summer.

Gate E is a door (formerly an emergency exit) just past security on the right. They posted a sign above the door ("Gate E") just last month. It does make me feel better that the small commuter flights now go through security! Previous to Great Lakes, the small commuters in T2 did not go through security before boarding the aircraft.

Alanh is very knowledgable about the history of PHX airport. The outdoor luggage claim for T1 must have been fun during the summer monsoons. "Passengers, you must wait 2 hours for your luggage because there is thunder and lightning over the airport."
Old Aug 22, 2005, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by CALeeIII
Dividend Miles is the surviving program, so presumably FlightFund gets sent to Discontinued Programs...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.