Got blasted out of my sleep by the movie previews

Old Aug 12, 2005, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN Platinum
Originally Posted by N808DE
"Excessive marketing bombardment" ?? Wow. I'm taking a wild guess here - you don't go to movies, or watch TV, or read magazines right?

Seriously, though, you can't be serious that a loud (to you) movie preview and a tray table ad has gotten you this upset. Yikes. Something else traumatic in your life must have happened because I don't know of any sane person who would react this way. And, for the record, I think AWA is better off...the fewer miserable nit-pickers, the better.
LOL

If you think so.

Upset? No, I'm not that upset. You know why? Because most of the places that I fly to, I can fly Southwest, Delta, American, and sometimes UAL. And I don't mind Southwest at all. With regards to the rest, it's a toss up, especially with regards to fares. Now I know that AWA doesn't care about customers, I know which one not to fly.

I paid full fare, $50 over a competitor's fare, because I wanted to give AWA another chance, since Southwest didn't fly that route.

Yes, AWA is much better off without customers that all they ask for is some peace and quiet on a 4 hour flight. Good customer service attitude. You probably work for AWA. Symptomatic of AWA's attitude towards customers (screw full fare paying customers - they're a bunch of nit-picks anyway).

We could have a long dialogue about competitive differentiators about AWA. Newsflash - treating customers like captives for their marketing tactics ain't it.

Last edited by UALOneKPlus; Aug 12, 2005 at 4:46 pm
Old Aug 12, 2005, 11:17 pm

Programs: DL FO...ex-PM, GM...does it really even matter these days? LOL...
Just for the record - I do not work for HP, nor any other airline...
Old Aug 13, 2005, 11:51 am

I thought we had stopped showing movies on red-eyes too because they did not want to disturb anyone while sleeping.

I just flew on CO and they did the same thing....the preview was loud and it was a red-eye from PHX-EWR. Luckily I wasn't asleep yet.

Unfortunately on airplanes the noise can get quite loud while in the air. They play things louder sometimes so you can hear. All too many times I've been on a flight where I couldn't hear anything on the announcements.

Sorry you had a rough flight. Things happen I guess...everywhere.
Old Aug 14, 2005, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by UALOneKPlus
LOL

If you think so.

Upset? No, I'm not that upset. You know why? Because most of the places that I fly to, I can fly Southwest, Delta, American, and sometimes UAL. And I don't mind Southwest at all. With regards to the rest, it's a toss up, especially with regards to fares. Now I know that AWA doesn't care about customers, I know which one not to fly.

I paid full fare, $50 over a competitor's fare, because I wanted to give AWA another chance, since Southwest didn't fly that route.

Yes, AWA is much better off without customers that all they ask for is some peace and quiet on a 4 hour flight. Good customer service attitude. You probably work for AWA. Symptomatic of AWA's attitude towards customers (screw full fare paying customers - they're a bunch of nit-picks anyway).

We could have a long dialogue about competitive differentiators about AWA. Newsflash - treating customers like captives for their marketing tactics ain't it.
Old Aug 14, 2005, 8:20 am

Programs: ~IHG(p)/BW~Nat'l.Exec~ ~NW(SE)~ ~Cessna~ NASM.do-07 ~AAAF.do-05/06/07/08/09
..headline piqued my curiosity; otherwise, first-time reader...

UALOneKPlus: which bothered you more; the advertising being LOUD, or that it even existed at all ??

Let me understand -- you're sleeping, wearing the headset, on the movie channel?? (I'll make a wild assumption that AW offers more than one channel, and you're allowed to choose... ) -- and you're SURPRISED??

IME, when viewing a movie -- whether in a theatre, on TV, or a DVD -- there are all kinds of unavoidable advertising -- and the average audio level is ALWAYS higher than that of the feature content. Built in, intentional.

By your logic... you should be complaining to/boycotting GKC, Blockbuster, ABC, and LucasFilms, too. Maybe they'll *DO* something for you.

/.

N808DE: -- OP's profile line may explain much..
Old Aug 16, 2005, 1:13 am

As we abused flight attendants like to say - "The only thing worse than having this passager onboard is to be married to them...."
Old Aug 21, 2005, 1:52 am
rec

Programs: AA, UA, NH
I remember a Ted flight I was once on from DEN-PHX.

In the past they used to take one of the IFE channels and play it over the PA as background music as people boarded.

On this one flight, they decided to take the DISNEY music channel and BLAST it during the boarding process. After about 10 minutes of this abuse, one of the FAs got the notion that the music was too loud and turned it off. The entire plane broke out in applause. I guess someone forgot that the plane was not going to MCO.

I have not heard IFE background music on Ted flights for several months now.
Old Aug 21, 2005, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN Platinum
Post removed by moderator.

This thread has more than run its course. Time for it to fade away.

Last edited by AZ Travels the World; Aug 21, 2005 at 2:55 pm Reason: Moderator considered it inappropriate

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.