AmWest partner miles transfer

Old Aug 8, 2005, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

AmWest partner miles transfer

Next week, I'm about to fly America West and I'd like to transfer those miles to my Northwest account. Now I am a bit confused as America West's site states in regards to NW:

One FlightFund mile for every mile flown from the U.S. to any of the following destinations: Alaska, Canada, Honolulu, Mexico, Europe, the Caribbean and Asia

I am flying from DCA to Vegas, so does this mean that I am out of luck?

Any words of advice? Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 2:01 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by NICEDUDE66
. . . I am flying from DCA to Vegas, so does this mean that I am out of luck?
I'm sorry to say that you are out of luck. There is effectively* no way to fly domestic on HP and earn the miles to NW, nor transfer miles from HP to NW.

*I say effectively because you can go through Points.com and Hilton HHonors to change HP miles to NW miles, but you have to start at 50K HP FF miles and you end up with 1K NW miles. See WebFlyer mileage converter here.

You could direct your miles from the HP trip into a Hawaiian Airlines account, which could then be pooled (no cost) into another HA account, as long as the recipienthas a HA BofA visa card.

Your other earning options for HP trips are Virgin, British Airways (though only 25% credit if flying on a discounted ticket) & Royal Jordanian.
Old Aug 9, 2005, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Well thanks for confirming my fears on no CONUS transfer of AMWest to NO miles.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.