F movies

Old Aug 1, 2005, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
F movies

Did anyone fly F long haul today? From their website it appears they are repeating the same movies I watched last month

August 1-15, 2005

Eastbound/Southbound: Ice Princess
Westbound/Northbound: Fever Pitch

The worst part is these are both horrible movies. What is it with HP and their love for Jimmy Fallon. "Taxi" ranks up there as one of the worst.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 5:51 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
It appears they changed 8/1. I came back from DC last week and saw Sahara. I forget what was playing on the way out. I didn't watch it, but it wasn't Ice Princess.

I agree about Taxi. I watched for about 45 minutes and couldn't stand it anymore. And that's saying something given that I was captive and had nothing else to do. Jimmy Fallon was so much better on SNL.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 10:35 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AA LT Plat, DL Silver
The movies definately changed from last month. I flew to Chicago and back last week and didn't see either of the movies that you mentioned.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 8:17 am

Flew Flt 730 from FLL to LAS yesterday and watched Kicking & Screaming with Will Farrell. Not too exciting. The America West magazine had not yet been switched out to August, so I was unable to confirm the other movies for the month.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 8:51 am

Programs: CO/Gold:AW/Gold:Hilton/Diamond
Eastbound Movie

On 8/1 from PHX to FLL was "A Lot Like Love" with Amanda Peet and Ashton Kutcher.
Old Aug 6, 2005, 3:19 pm

Location: Cary, NC, USA - AA Plt 3mm/DL Dia 2mm, Hil/Dia Life, Bonvoy/Titanium Life, Spire
7/31 westbound RDU to PHX was Sahara with Penelope Cruz and Matthew McConaughey. Like Raiders of the Lost Ark, but with a bad plot and bad acting.
8/5 eastbound PHX to RDU was Something Like Love, chick flick with Ashton.

This was my first HP flight. I forgot my Bose, but found a old pair of Delta headphones in my bag. $5 and you have to return the units in HP coach.
Old Aug 7, 2005, 11:31 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by outoftown

This was my first HP flight. I forgot my Bose, but found a old pair of Delta headphones in my bag. $5 and you have to return the units in HP coach.
True. But, any old pair of headphones work on HP's planes (unlike many other carriers) so if you have some with you, no need to pay the $5.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.