US/HP Elite Match Policy

Old Aug 17, 2005, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by rjp6902
Does US comp up to the plat level? Also, does anyone have the fax number and a contact at US to address it to?
HP Plat = US Gold, for US Chairman's Preferred status requires 100K. I certainly wouldn't bother to ask US to match HP status, the two airlines will soon integrate as one in less than two months. No one knows whether they are going to keep the highest status at 100K or create a 4-level Elite status system.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I think this has been mentioned previously, but will HP rematch you if they've done so in the past? (Say a couple of years ago)
Old Aug 18, 2005, 6:56 am

Programs: AA Advantage Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by fly747first
HP Plat = US Gold, for US Chairman's Preferred status requires 100K. I certainly wouldn't bother to ask US to match HP status, the two airlines will soon integrate as one in less than two months. No one knows whether they are going to keep the highest status at 100K or create a 4-level Elite status system.
I understand your logic but I'm travelling on US before the 2 plans merge.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 7:44 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
I can certainly understand them not matching to CP if you only have 75K of flights at HP but if you have over 100K I think they should or at least match you to gold and give you a challenge. I'm on pace to easily make 100K this year but I couldn't even get a challenge to get up to CP.

Lance
Old Aug 19, 2005, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Robertsonland
I can certainly understand them not matching to CP if you only have 75K of flights at HP but if you have over 100K I think they should or at least match you to gold and give you a challenge. I'm on pace to easily make 100K this year but I couldn't even get a challenge to get up to CP.

Lance

I agree, but other major airlines, e.g. AA, DL, and UA, will not comp you to their highest tier either. Certainly US Airways is not alone there. CO easily gives away its Platinum Elite status, but these days, it's a joke.
Old Aug 19, 2005, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TopGun
I understand your logic but I'm travelling on US before the 2 plans merge.

Ahhhhhh... someone is hunting down a free upgrade.
Old Aug 19, 2005, 8:26 am

I agree, but other major airlines, e.g. AA, DL, and UA, will not comp you to their highest tier either. Certainly US Airways is not alone there. CO easily gives away its Platinum Elite status, but these days, it's a joke.
I was only asking for a challenge since I knew they didn't match over to CP. I don't think it was out of the question to even match those who will have over 100k by the time they merge however. Gold will get me what I wanted most which was to select a seat on my flights. I tried to buy some upgrade certs for the flights but was unsuccessful and it's going to be hard to watch if those envoy seats go empty when we flight out of PHL saturday. The flight seems pretty empty right now...

Lance
Old Aug 19, 2005, 12:15 pm

US Match?

Sorry for being so naive but I'm an HP Gold and have no idea of what a "US Match" is.
Could I please impose on one of y'all to please explain?
Greg
Old Aug 19, 2005, 12:41 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by gdlamberth
Sorry for being so naive but I'm an HP Gold and have no idea of what a "US Match" is.
Greg
It's an elite status match, in which one airline will match the elite status you hold on another airline with the hope of securing your business. In this case, the discussion is around US Airways matching the elite status of America West elite passengers.

Many say, "why bother," when the airlines are merged in 60 days, assuming it happens as scheduled, the elite members of both airlines will be elite members in the new airline. In the case of Robertsonland and myself, our travel between now and then is taking us onto routes that America West doesn't serve so we asked the US Dividend Miles program people to match our America West elite status so that we can have access to elite boarding, security, check-in, seating, upgrades, etc. They granted that request, matching our HP Platinum status with US Gold. As a result, we're flying US in the meantime.
Old Aug 19, 2005, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by gdlamberth
Greg
AZ beat me to it. I'm off to Italy tomorrow on US Airways so the Gold status was definitely worth it. If you aren't going to use US Airways I don't see the "worth" but if you are, then it's definitely worth it.

Lance
Old Aug 19, 2005, 12:48 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
AZ Travels the World: How do I get a status match with HP? I am a UA 1P and I want to take advantage of the "one-time" status match with HP since there will no longer be a HP in the future. I looked on HP's website and I couldn't find anything. Search of this forum came up with nothing. Thanks in advance.

LAX
Old Aug 19, 2005, 12:55 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LAX
AZ Travels the World: How do I get a status match with HP? I am a UA 1P and I want to take advantage of the "one-time" status match with HP since there will no longer be a HP in the future. I looked on HP's website and I couldn't find anything. Search of this forum came up with nothing. Thanks in advance.
I've never sent one to HP, but there have been many, many reports by people who have done it successfully.

I suggest writing a brief letter with your request and attaching a copy of your current elite card and a copy of a recent statement (paper or online) and FAXing it to the Flight Fund Service Center: (480) 693-8024.
Old Aug 19, 2005, 1:45 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
I've never sent one to HP, but there have been many, many reports by people who have done it successfully.

I suggest writing a brief letter with your request and attaching a copy of your current elite card and a copy of a recent statement (paper or online) and FAXing it to the Flight Fund Service Center: (480) 693-8024.
Is this the way most people have had success with? Thanks and I will give that a try. Also, if I am successful, will the status last through Feb 2006 or Feb 2007?

LAX
Old Aug 19, 2005, 1:57 pm

So, if I'm an HP Gold and flying Air New Zealand in the near future (I'm not otherwise associated with *A) I might get priority security check-in at LAX if US "matched" me?

If so, could I impose on someone for a number or POC at US Air Dividend miles so I can start the process, please?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.