Shouldn't they know better?

Old Jul 18, 2005, 11:30 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA, US, RR, HH, SPG, PC
yesterday

i was one of the "lucky" who got to experience the hell of being in the airport yesterday. i was headed to reno on a HP CRJ...needless to say we were waiting. luckily the crew was nice so they let us on the plane so we could sit in the air conditioning for the extra 45 minutes we had to wait until the temperatures cooled. they only bumped like two or three passengers. on take off, we travelled pretty far down the runway before wheels up. it was all very interesting to say the least.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by venice4504
Yucky. I think the point that might be missing is that we were sitting in the plane with air going, although the air was just that. There was never any A/C going so we were just pushing around heated air.
Impossible. There was no chance that you sat for 3 hrs on the tarmac with no AC. The cabin would have been over 100. I think that the AC was on but that it was difficult to cool the plane to a normal 76.

I bet you were low 80's which would make it uncomfortable, but better than the 116 outside

Ken in Phx
Old Jul 19, 2005, 4:10 pm

It might have even been around 90, but I agree. An aircraft sitting in the sun with no A/C is like a car parked in the sun. It would go over 150.

I'm not aware of any particular ops problems here in PHX, but they may have been imposing weight restrictions.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.