Use HP miles for an award originating in Asia?

Old Jul 18, 2005, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Use HP miles for an award originating in Asia?

Has anyone had success in using HP miles for an award originating in Asia? HP doesn't publish that it's available but I'm wondering if you can call and get an exception.

I guess in any case it should be possible after the merger goes through assuming the merged HP/US remains in the Star Alliance.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
You should be able to redeeem FF miles on NW, BA, or VS for Asia flights. If you are US based, obviously it makes sense to use NW.

Or if your feeling really frisky, spend a night in Amman first and then travel on to the Asian city of your choice
Old Jul 18, 2005, 3:23 pm

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
No Europe originating partner award allowed in 2003

In 2003, I tried to redeem 100K HP miles for BA First, originating in Europe; the HP partner redemption desk told me that the award flights must originate from the US, and was able to book something in BA First that works for me.

Not sure whether the current rules are any different, or whether originating from Asia makes any difference vs originating in Europe.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 4:39 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
You can book FF award travel on NW for trips originating in Asia.

It's not allowed for flights on BA.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 4:13 pm

I always though the Royal Jordanian partner was odd. Is there really that much SW US - Jordan traffic? Anyone book a RJ flight?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.