Advantage of America West

Old Jul 12, 2005, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC MM
Advantage of America West

I will be flying YVR - IAD once every 2 month, maybe more as of next month.
On North American Flights I have been a very loyal AC customer but found on the America West Website fares that are half the fares of local carrier.

I am thinking of joining Flight Fund, what will happen after the merger with US Air? Is it worth it to join Flight Fund this close to a merger?
From what I have been reading so far is that Flight Fund is a very good program. How is your experience redeeming miles and upgrades with HP, especially after reaching higher tier status?
Old Jul 12, 2005, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I haven't redeemed any rewards, but would recommend getting them to match your AC status. If you wait until September or October (check the thread, I know the cutoff is one of these months), then your status will be good until Feb 2007.

I did this a couple of years ago and got a good 18 months out of the status. I'm was about a 75% upgrade as a gold on them. And it's nice because the upgrades are for all their flights (Costa Rica and maybe Hawaii now) too.

Originally Posted by yvrcnx
I will be flying YVR - IAD once every 2 month, maybe more as of next month.
On North American Flights I have been a very loyal AC customer but found on the America West Website fares that are half the fares of local carrier.

I am thinking of joining Flight Fund, what will happen after the merger with US Air? Is it worth it to join Flight Fund this close to a merger?
From what I have been reading so far is that Flight Fund is a very good program. How is your experience redeeming miles and upgrades with HP, especially after reaching higher tier status?
Old Jul 13, 2005, 3:39 pm

Programs: Empty Seat Program
Hi yvrcnx!

Any miles you accumulate under America West FlightFund will transfer in whole to the combined program at the new airline after merger.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC MM
Originally Posted by Lifer
Hi yvrcnx!

Any miles you accumulate under America West FlightFund will transfer in whole to the combined program at the new airline after merger.
Thanks for the info. I read on another thread somebody mentioning that you would need a US Air FF account to transfer you Flight Fund miles.
However your info makes most sense.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 4:33 pm

Location: SAN and before that...EWR....AA EXP (3MM)..HH LIFETIME DIAMOND..AVIS PREFERRED PLUS
"From what I have been reading so far is that Flight Fund is a very good program."

You've got to be kidding me!!! This program is inferior to most others, to say the least! 25% bonus for Silvers 50% for Golds....ridiculous reward redemption availability, almost NO promos....etc....need I say more??
Old Jul 13, 2005, 6:36 pm

Programs: Empty Seat Program
Originally Posted by yvrcnx
Thanks for the info. I read on another thread somebody mentioning that you would need a US Air FF account to transfer you Flight Fund miles.
However your info makes most sense.
You can have either, or both.
If you have 20k in one account, and 50k in the other, you will have 70k at the new airline.
This is according to Doug Parker.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.