Bonus, etc. for new FlightFund sign-up??

Old Jun 27, 2005, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Bonus, etc. for new FlightFund sign-up??

I'm flying America West for the first time next week, so I'm planning to sign up for the frequent flier program. Is there anything I should consider before I do so? Bonus? Referral? Reciprocal agreement with another program? Points of some sort?
Old Jun 27, 2005, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by pqflyer
I'm flying America West for the first time next week, so I'm planning to sign up for the frequent flier program. Is there anything I should consider before I do so? Bonus? Referral? Reciprocal agreement with another program? Points of some sort?
First, welcome to America West! I hope you enjoy your first experience.

No sign-up bonus that I am aware of. There are limited partnerships w/ NW & BA. Also, one thing to keep in mind is that after the merger your HP account should be merged into any US Dividend Miles account you have - so that's a plus if you are worried about orphaning miles.
Old Jul 5, 2005, 2:06 pm

Programs: aa exp
Try a Status Match - America West will match your existing UA status. I'm AA exp and flying with AW for the first time next Monday - I faxed my existing AA statement to fax number 480-693-8024 (you can verify this fax number on the Status Match Master Thread). Good luck - Hope that with the merger with USAirways the status crosses over to them too.
Old Jul 15, 2005, 1:29 am

America West FlightFund Platinum Visa

The affiliated visa card might be something to consider if you want to maximize miles. don't know if you need more plastic though...

more info here:
http://www.bankofamerica.com/america...1767245061a515
Old Jul 15, 2005, 1:36 am

Thanks for the fax info - hope they will match my usair status before i fly with them for the first time.

Originally Posted by icrumbley
... (you can verify this fax number on the Status Match Master Thread). Good luck - Hope that with the merger with USAirways the status crosses over to them too.
"Status Match Master Thread" - is that (in) a seperate forum? I looked around but couldn't find it so I thought I'd ask for help.

Thanks

Last edited by flyer2244; Jul 15, 2005 at 1:40 am
Old Jul 15, 2005, 10:06 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by flyer2244
. . ."Status Match Master Thread" - is that (in) a seperate forum? I looked around but couldn't find it so I thought I'd ask for help.
Yes, it is in the MilesBuzz forum, as the thread addresses status match questions for many airlines. Here is a link.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 9:13 pm

Thanks
Old Jul 28, 2005, 9:37 pm

This is the info from the master thread - note fax number is different.

Will match status, generally to equivalent level up to Platinum (top tier)

Send a copy of your current elite statement or elite card along with a note explaining you'd like to shift your busy to them if they'll match your current status to:

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Attn: Nancy Richards
Elite Match Program
America West Airlines
PO Box 20050
Phoenix, Az 85036

Or via fax: 480-693-8023
</font>
America West also offers a challenge program, awarding status based on substantial flying over a 90 day period. They may even offer Silver elite status just for the asking. See this thread on America West status challenges.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.