New Website Look

Old Jun 25, 05, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
New Website Look

I just went to the America West website and noticed they have a new look to it.

What does everyone think?

One think I do like (I've got to used to the new look) is the fact that you can sort off EQM only. The old site I could only search by Air Miles which included bonuses.

Lance

Last edited by Robertsonland; Jun 25, 05 at 7:18 am
Old Jun 25, 05, 7:31 am

Programs: HP/US
Originally Posted by Robertsonland
I just went to the America West website and noticed they have a new look to it.

What does everyone think?

One think I do like (I've got to used to the new look) is the fact that you can sort off EQM only. The old site I could only search by Air Miles which included bonuses.

Lance
A ton of work went into this project. If and when the merger goes thru, the site will only have to be rebranded, the functionality will remain the same. Ironically, US was getting ready to spend big bucks to upgrade their site...to what HP uses NOW!
Old Jun 25, 05, 10:29 am

Programs: DL DM MM, MH Gold, SPG Platinum
Did your profile still exist? My no longer works and I've now been on hold for 30 minutes waiting for a representative.
Old Jun 25, 05, 10:38 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG PLT
This is a step in the right direction. I found previous website interface to be sloppy and unprofessional.
Old Jun 25, 05, 10:51 am

Programs: DL DM MM, MH Gold, SPG Platinum
OK, they've given the reason, I just blew 150,000 miles moving relatives are the country to see our newborn and only have 18,000 miles left. The bug is that you can't log in if you have less miles than your current YTD miles. They also informed me that web check in was sketchy at best right now and recommended that I not use it until next week.

I'm pretty patient about stuff like this as I put in SAP payroll for a living and our first payroll at my current client runs on Monday. We'll have bugs and problems as well despite the fact that all of the guys I work with have been doing this for at least 10 years AND we spent 6 weeks testing the product. Unfortunately stuff like this is just a fact of life. In our case anything more than 1% is unacceptable but I can live with not being able to see my FF miles for a few days.
Old Jun 25, 05, 12:07 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
On the page that details the upgrades and new features, it states:

The convenience of managing your reservations online
Americawest.com now lets you:

-- Change seats or add a FlightFund number after your reservation has been made
This is a great new feature, BUT can anyone figure out how to do it? When I manage an existing reservation, I don't see an option anywhere.

Also, none of my existing online reservations are linked to my profile. The last time they did a web site upgrade, all reservations prior to that date were gone forever. The description says that you should be able to see all current reservations and back one year. Hopefully this is just a glitch they'll sort out. It will be pain if we can't see all of them -- the future ones at the very least.

The calendar option for seeing best fares and free award ticket availability is nice.

The pricing tool when you're building a reservation doesn't seem to be working properly. For example, I was working on building an open jaw PHX-IAH/DFW-PHX to coincide with an upcoming BA trip. The one-way prices it shows for each segment are double what the actual fare prices out as on the next screen. This may just be a problem with a "multi-city" reservation.

Once the bugs are worked out, this definitely appears to be an improvement in overall functionality. I hope their web team is reading FT! This group of power users will no doubt come up with a bunch of stuff requiring their attention.
Old Jun 25, 05, 10:12 pm

Location: SAN and before that...EWR....AA EXP (3MM)..HH LIFETIME DIAMOND..AVIS PREFERRED PLUS
All I know is:

Tonight was the first time that web check-in actually worked (flight SAN-LAS tomorrow) for me in over 2 years!!! I was able to change F seats right before checking in as well. It's about time!!!!!!!
It also let me change F seats for my return on Wednesday.

Plat here.
Old Jun 25, 05, 11:46 pm

The new website adopts the feature of US Airways website which has long allowed customers to shop by viewing the "per segment" cost, in addition to the new policy which allows us to split roundtrip mileage segments between coach and first class.

The page has the annoying glitch that it does not automatically select the same return month as your outbound travel. Obviously some returns will be in different months, but it would be much easier to use if I didn't have to select "July" outbound and "July" return EVERY FLIPPING TIME. I'm pretty net savy and managed to foul this up more than once when pricing routes today.
Old Jun 26, 05, 12:05 am
Original Poster

I was checking in tonight for my flight sunday night and my status no longer prints on my boarding pass. Where the status used to bed (Across the top in the middle) is now the Group number. This was a major nicety for when I happened to not make first because I didnt' have to have my card out to show the TSA when using the elite line. Is this possibly just a bug or a someones not so bright idea?

Anyone else (who was able to use web checkin) see this same thing? I am in first for this trip (assuming we don't have another fuel spill making me miss my flight connecting in Vegas) so maybe if you are in first it doesn't print. I hope they bring it back though.

The check-in process went fine without any hiccups.

Lance
Old Jun 26, 05, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by snokums925
A ton of work went into this project. If and when the merger goes thru, the site will only have to be rebranded, the functionality will remain the same.
it's a clear a ton of work went in, but just what extra are we getting out?

itineraries priced segment-by-segment. that's cool, but I predict the marketing geniuses won't let us keep it for long. they don't like it when we get extra information. also means crucial info like aircraft type is now relegated to a pop-up window.

still can't seem to do relatively simple-seeming stuff, like redeem an upgrade award. why is that so impossible?

and, unrelated to web site issues, why does HP charge 55,000 miles for an award seat in F?
Old Jun 26, 05, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by martin33
it's a clear a ton of work went in, but just what extra are we getting out?

itineraries priced segment-by-segment. that's cool, but I predict the marketing geniuses won't let us keep it for long. they don't like it when we get extra information. also means crucial info like aircraft type is now relegated to a pop-up window.

still can't seem to do relatively simple-seeming stuff, like redeem an upgrade award. why is that so impossible?

and, unrelated to web site issues, why does HP charge 55,000 miles for an award seat in F?
I don't see where they charge 55K for a F award seat. I see 45K for a "Any F Seat" award which gets you a F without restrictions, so if there is one left it's yours. This is what used to be their "Top Value" F. It did go up by 5K miles as I thought it was 40K.

I haven't made an award travel in about 4 years but I never realized that it was one way before. So a Round Trip Flight in "Any Coach Seat" is 50K miles? I wish they would give discounts to elite members or something. Although I don't think I will redeem for domestic travel unless it was for someone travelling with me as I think the # of miles usually outweighs the fare. I mean 90K miles for F round trip is almost as much as Business Class Off Peak on BA @ 100K.

Lance
Old Jun 26, 05, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by Robertsonland
I don't see where they charge 55K for a F award seat. I see 45K for a "Any F Seat" award which gets you a F without restrictions, so if there is one left it's yours. This is what used to be their "Top Value" F. It did go up by 5K miles as I thought it was 40K.

I haven't made an award travel in about 4 years but I never realized that it was one way before. So a Round Trip Flight in "Any Coach Seat" is 50K miles? I wish they would give discounts to elite members or something. Although I don't think I will redeem for domestic travel unless it was for someone travelling with me as I think the # of miles usually outweighs the fare. I mean 90K miles for F round trip is almost as much as Business Class Off Peak on BA @ 100K.

Lance
check the fine print-- all of the quoted redemption levels are now one-way.

it's not 45,000 for an unrestricted F, it's 90,000 r/t.

the restricted F is 27,500 one-way, or 55,000. which is 10,000 more than aa or ua.

especially silly is the one-way price quoting, but the restriction that one-way award ticketing is not allowed. Still, on the plus side, it does allow the innovative half-restricted, half-unrestricted round trip redemption.

Last edited by martin33; Jun 26, 05 at 8:38 pm
Old Jun 27, 05, 2:53 am

Programs: WN F9 UA AA IHG HH MR
I use Safari 2.0 and it does not load properly. The last HP webpage worked fine.
Old Jun 27, 05, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by martin33
check the fine print-- all of the quoted redemption levels are now one-way.

it's not 45,000 for an unrestricted F, it's 90,000 r/t.

the restricted F is 27,500 one-way, or 55,000. which is 10,000 more than aa or ua.

especially silly is the one-way price quoting, but the restriction that one-way award ticketing is not allowed. Still, on the plus side, it does allow the innovative half-restricted, half-unrestricted round trip redemption.
Yeah I saw the One way thing there and alluded to that later in my post, but I thought he was talking about the one way Any First not the "Value" F award. I think 90K for anything over 750 miles for Roundtrip F is a bit much personally.

Lance
Old Jun 28, 05, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: The Airline Run by Doug P
I'm having an awful time with this website. It wouldn't allow me to online checkin Saturday dfw-phx and now I can't even view my current reservation for today's flight to Tampa

Search this Thread