New Website Look

Old Jul 13, 2005, 5:36 pm

Programs: DL, HH, & IHG Dia; Bonvoy Titan
55K for Domestic F is a Rip Off

50K for Domestic F awards from 50K was already high in relation to competitors offering a superior F experience. The stealth change to 55K on the new web site is downright ridiculous. Has anyone seen an official announcement of this increase?

HP is obviously trying to send a message: They don't want you using miles for a Domestic F award. They'd rather save the seats for upgrades to paying passengers.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 5:44 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AlexB
. . .HP is obviously trying to send a message: They don't want you using miles for a Domestic F award. They'd rather save the seats for upgrades to paying passengers.
Unfortunately, I think you are right. They also don't want you to use miles to upgrade to one of the F seats, as they have significantly reduced the number of seats available for upgrade using miles. Add to that the increased difficulty of getting an elite upgrade because of all the sold discounted F seats and their new message is clear: "If you want first, buy it."
Old Jul 14, 2005, 2:51 pm

Programs: HP Gold, US Silver, Starwood Gold, Hilton Silver
Sent forum link to AmWest

A buddy of mine is one of the senior web guys at HP. I sent him the forum link to hopefully incorporate the feedback and customer results found here.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 10:55 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Anyone notice that on the main page above the url line, the window title says "American West Airline Tickets" ? Perhaps they used AA's contractor.

I let tech support know, and the rep seemed horrified.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 11:01 am

Programs: NetJets Marquis, Southwest Moo, Marriott Platinum
Heh heh heh..... you get what you pay for. Perhaps they will pull peanuts from F to upgrade web hosting.
Old Jul 29, 2005, 1:36 pm

Programs: Brown medallion
The passenger boarding totals lookup doesn't work anymore. Does anyone have a new link?

http://www.americawest.com/pbt/pbt_lookup.asp
Old Aug 2, 2005, 9:02 am

Programs: CO/Gold:AW/Gold:Hilton/Diamond
New Web Site lacking as a travel tool

I can't look up reservations 9 out of 10 times.

I get the following message:

An error has occurred. Please see the explanation below for more information.

What went wrong?
We're sorry. Our system has experienced an error and we are unable to complete your request.
How can I fix it?
Please wait a moment and try your request again.
Reference Code: NOT LOGGED (1.7.110020.100001)
Occurred: 8/2/2005 7:58:35 AM

And I no longer get upgrade emails with upgrade status. So, I can't tell if I have been upgraded by getting an email, and I can't look on the web site, so I have to call.
Old Aug 31, 2005, 7:21 pm

Programs: NetJets Marquis, Southwest Moo, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by PHXTraveler
I can't look up reservations 9 out of 10 times.

And I no longer get upgrade emails with upgrade status. So, I can't tell if I have been upgraded by getting an email, and I can't look on the web site, so I have to call.
First, here's the easy part. Log back into My America West, go to the section for communications. Somebody screwed up and if you had email for upgrades selected, they cleared that selection. Select it again and save. Someone in HP - slap that IT person for us!

Second, the new website has many other problems that don't seem to be fixed in a reasonable timeframe.

Today's AZ Republic had an article about HP boasting that they did most of their IT in house to save money and plan to move US Airways to the same.

Uh huh. Self service is your first line of defence for cost containment. Why scrimp on this and have inexperienced people doing it for rock bottom pay?

Answer that for me, and I can answer the rest of your questions about why it happened.
Old Sep 1, 2005, 2:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 75k, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
I spoke with someone tonight from web support who told me that the people who created the website are gone and it is a bunch of new people trying to fix the problems.

I was also told that they will be keeping this site after the merger, as this one is newer and more up to date.

When I asked about the time frame of updates she told me they go in and make changes once a month to the site and try to fix any issues. The site has been up since late June.

Jennifer
Old Sep 14, 2005, 3:40 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Congrats to the fixers of the HP homepage. It no longer says American West. Just in time to change it again!
Old Sep 14, 2005, 5:27 pm

Programs: U*S Chairman 2008 (2006 = 248,000 Actual Miles on HP) Hilton HHonors Diamond CO OnePass Platinum
New Website.. Is better... but CO is still Top.

I feel that the America West website is better and has a nice feel to it. But it is still not complete.

I think that Continental has the best airline website and Hilton Honors has the best overall Travel website. They allow for easy import of reservations into Outlook and Great past lookups as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.