New Website Look

Old Jun 28, 2005, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by enviroian
I'm having an awful time with this website. It wouldn't allow me to online checkin Saturday dfw-phx and now I can't even view my current reservation for today's flight to Tampa
What error messages were you seeing? I checked in fine for my sunday flight PHX-LAS-DFW and didn't see any errors at all. In fact it worked better than the old site. I'll be checking in tomorrow afternoon for my flight back so I'll see if I have any other problems. Also are you using IE 6? or another browser?

Lance
Old Jun 28, 2005, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Robertsonland
What error messages were you seeing? I checked in fine for my sunday flight PHX-LAS-DFW and didn't see any errors at all. In fact it worked better than the old site. I'll be checking in tomorrow afternoon for my flight back so I'll see if I have any other problems. Also are you using IE 6? or another browser?

Lance

This is the one I get the most, either from trying to do online check-in or "manage my reservation". I am running IE 6 so I'm not sure what the dealio is. I'll try their tech dept in a bit.

"An error has occurred. Please see the explanation below for more information.

What went wrong?
We're sorry. Our system has experienced an error and we are unable to complete your request.
How can I fix it?
Please wait a moment and try your request again.
Reference Code: NOT LOGGED (1.7.110020.100001)
Occurred: 6/28/2005 8:41:09 AM"

PS. Why I like the amount of info on the website's homepage, I think they should have also put a flight status field right on the home page as well.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 10:27 am

Flight Status

PS. Why I like the amount of info on the website's homepage, I think they should have also put a flight status field right on the home page as well.
Click just to the right of the Web Check In tab on the homepage for Flight Status.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by simba_az
Click just to the right of the Web Check In tab on the homepage for Flight Status.
Ah...thanks ^

Has anyone noticed the little platinum icon on the top of the homepage once one logs in to their profile? Nice touch, but it's so tiny I can barely see it.

I'm on flight 570 today to TPA and I'm worried about wx delays. Of course we'll know if we are going to be delayed at PHX as they'll hold the flight 1 hour...2 hours...then cxl like they have in the past. Oh well--the fact one has to deal with traveling in the summer storm months!

Ian-
Old Jun 28, 2005, 11:12 am

Question

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
On the page that details the upgrades and new features, it states:

This is a great new feature, BUT can anyone figure out how to do it? When I manage an existing reservation, I don't see an option anywhere.
I booked a flight on the America West website recently and was hoping to go in and change the seat assignments for my group. For whatever reason my selections were overridden when I made the booking, so I'd love to know how this works too. I am able to see my reservation, but I can't figure out how to change the seats. Also, it shows the seats for each person in my group as **. Is that a security feature or have we lost our seat assignments completely?

Thanks for any help!
Old Jun 28, 2005, 11:56 am

Blah! This thing sucks!

8 attempts to book, even rebooted and now it is just sitting on the Creating Reservation screen! Now I have to call customer service and make sure that nothing has been booked.

Can't these tech people get it through their head to test this stuff with beta users first before public release! LAZY LAZY LAZY!

I find the new site less helpful and it takes longer to weed through the options for a flight with the new pricing segment model. KISS and emphasis on the 'stupid' part.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, MH Gold, SPG Platinum
I spent roughly an hour on the phone with a web support person yesterday and we still cannot see my reservations. I'm sympathetic to their problems. It seems as though the testing team was short on scenarios though. They should have put up an alternate Beta site for testing for a couple of months to work out the bugs.

I was told that they will continue to work on the reservation problems but they currently do not know what the problem is at all.

It seems as though that some of us that fly the most have the most problems. Not a good start for them. BTW, tech people very rarely control when something goes live. That's the business people or the middle managers in between. The tech people don't want to see their work be considered a failure.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 1:42 pm

Programs: America Worst
Thumbs down HP Website

Similar problem here

Can not login. Cant get to my profile/account

I just spent about 10 minutes on hold with
the Internet Help Desk at HP.

Agent responded. That server is down.
Try again later.

So much for debugging a new website before launch

bltserv
Old Jun 28, 2005, 2:16 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CXYYZ
I booked a flight on the America West website recently and was hoping to go in and change the seat assignments for my group. For whatever reason my selections were overridden when I made the booking, so I'd love to know how this works too. I am able to see my reservation, but I can't figure out how to change the seats. Also, it shows the seats for each person in my group as **. Is that a security feature or have we lost our seat assignments completely?
As of the past couple of months with the old system, I was consistently having the same problem of selecting seats, having them confirm, but then when I get the confirmation my actual assignments are not even close -- if there are assignments at all. In my experience with that system, ** means you do not have seat assingments, so I'd definitely call soon and have the agent check so that you can get some assigned before it is too late. I don't have enough experience with the new system to know if it is working any better. It sounds from all the problems people are having that I'm fortunate that I don't need to book anything this week. In today's technology world, there really is no excuse for going live and having problems of this magnitude impact your customers. Someone should be fired.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 4:04 pm

can't log in bug if u have < miles than current YTD miles

Originally Posted by stewabr
OK, they've given the reason, I just blew 150,000 miles moving relatives are the country to see our newborn and only have 18,000 miles left. The bug is that you can't log in if you have less miles than your current YTD miles. They also informed me that web check in was sketchy at best right now and recommended that I not use it until next week.

I'm pretty patient about stuff like this as I put in SAP payroll for a living and our first payroll at my current client runs on Monday. We'll have bugs and problems as well despite the fact that all of the guys I work with have been doing this for at least 10 years AND we spent 6 weeks testing the product. Unfortunately stuff like this is just a fact of life. In our case anything more than 1% is unacceptable but I can live with not being able to see my FF miles for a few days.
FYI - I was able to log in and I have less miles than current YTD miles. They must have quickly fixed this bug. It worked like a charm. I love the new site - it has a way better look and feel than the old site and I can navigate around much easier. Looks like they improved it quite a bit!
Old Jun 28, 2005, 4:12 pm

There is a Flight Status tab on the home page (second grey box on the right hand side). You may have missed it because the Web Check-in box sits "in front" of it.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 4:22 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, MH Gold, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by debbietok
FYI - I was able to log in and I have less miles than current YTD miles. They must have quickly fixed this bug. It worked like a charm. I love the new site - it has a way better look and feel than the old site and I can navigate around much easier. Looks like they improved it quite a bit!
Yep, they fixed that late Saturday afternoon. Now if I could only see my reservations I'd be OK with it.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 4:25 pm

As of the past couple of months with the old system, I was consistently having the same problem of selecting seats, having them confirm, but then when I get the confirmation my actual assignments are not even close -- if there are assignments at all. In my experience with that system, ** means you do not have seat assingments, so I'd definitely call soon and have the agent check so that you can get some assigned before it is too late. I don't have enough experience with the new system to know if it is working any better. It sounds from all the problems people are having that I'm fortunate that I don't need to book anything this week. In today's technology world, there really is no excuse for going live and having problems of this magnitude impact your customers. Someone should be fired.
yes, that old-system seat switcheroo was among the most annoying features of the previous web site. to tell people it had saved their seats and then go and just toss them away, what a horrible way to treat the customer.

I'm sure they're flogging the development staff to fix things, behind the scenes, but it seems like a little more prep would have been in order.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 4:49 pm

Thanks for the reply! I called in to reserve seats and apparently I do have seats assigned, just not the ones that I had booked. I joined FlightFund online in the meantime though, and had that tagged that onto my ticket.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 9:10 pm

Programs: HP/US
BETA site

All,
THe BETA site was active for at least three months and testing has been ongoing since last year. Be patient, things are coming together. Tech support has been very busy since Saturday!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.