Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Glad To "Get On Board"

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2005, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Glad To "Get On Board"

I'm happy to announce that come late July, I'll be joining the America West Airlines team in a professional capacity. I'm looking forward to serving you and will be glad to try and answer any questions that you may have. Thanks for flying America West!
Old Jun 22, 2005, 11:17 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Were you a former AA employee?
Old Jun 22, 2005, 11:51 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairman Starwood Gold Continental Platinum
Originally Posted by ExtrAAordinaire
I'm happy to announce that come late July, I'll be joining the America West Airlines team in a professional capacity. I'm looking forward to serving you and will be glad to try and answer any questions that you may have. Thanks for flying America West!
Can you be more specific as to what capacity you are speaking of?
Old Jun 22, 2005, 11:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
Were you a former AA employee?
Yes.
Old Jun 22, 2005, 11:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SanDiegoShaun
Can you be more specific as to what capacity you are speaking of?
Without revealing the specific department I'll be working in, it will be at HP's corporate headquarters.
Old Jun 23, 2005, 12:27 am

Programs: AA EP, OZ Diamond, WS Plat, Avis CHM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
We look forward to your informative input!

(Of course, you can always start with why they replaced the LAS-YYC and PHX-YYC routes to 3 x CRJs from 3 x A-319/733s - all done 2 weeks ago) You can see I'm not happy about that.
Old Jun 23, 2005, 10:26 am

Programs: US Airways Chairman Starwood Gold Continental Platinum
Originally Posted by ExtrAAordinaire
Without revealing the specific department I'll be working in, it will be at HP's corporate headquarters.
I guess what I am asking is, are your comments in here on behalf of HP or your own.
Old Jun 23, 2005, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SanDiegoShaun
I guess what I am asking is, are your comments in here on behalf of HP or your own.
My own (at least for now).
Old Jun 23, 2005, 2:56 pm

Programs: HP, UA, SW
RJ Switch

Originally Posted by Insiderdude
We look forward to your informative input!

(Of course, you can always start with why they replaced the LAS-YYC and PHX-YYC routes to 3 x CRJs from 3 x A-319/733s - all done 2 weeks ago) You can see I'm not happy about that.
You need to fly another airline that uses real passenger aircraft. That is the only thing AWA will understand. AWA replaced passenger aircraft with "Barbie Jets" on several scheduled SNA/LAS runs and the complaints were so loud they, after a short time, removed all of the RJs. Again, complain LOUD and OFTEN to anyone who will listen.
Old Jun 23, 2005, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA EP, OZ Diamond, WS Plat, Avis CHM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
I am. Next week I'm going direct SAN-YYC on WestJet - on a new 737-700 with satellite TV on the back of each leather seat, and returning on AC/UA through SFO - all on mainline. Yeah, I don't get elite benefits, but with WJ it's direct on a mainline (who can complain about that?! ) and coming back on *A none of it is RJ either. I wrote a letter to HP, talked to a rep, etc. - maybe it's time to ask AC/UA for a comp status match. I am going to fax HP my itinerary to show that business will eventually walk if they don't listen ... as I'm on track to hit 100k this year.

Maybe someone here can help by writing complaining along or letting me know if there's ONE specific person that my complaint will be heard with most effect.

Seriously - 3 hours on an RJ is ridiculous, exit row or not. And since it's a quasi-international (hardly a commuter) flight, the OH bins are always full with vacationers and snowbirds that overpack.
Old Jun 24, 2005, 9:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Good luck. I also recommend getting a new FT handle.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Good luck. I also recommend getting a new FT handle.
Nah. Though I now work for HP, I've still got love for AA.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 11:15 am

Best wishes ExtrAAordinaire in your new position and employment at HP Corporate Headquarters. Your continued participation on FlyerTalk will be greatly appreciated.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 9:42 pm

Trust me as an employee of HP, we are just as frustrated about the entire RJ situation. Not only do we hear your complaints, we feel for you as well. Just ask any Flight attndt and pilot at HP and I guarantee you our eyes will roll into the back of our heads on the subject. You may even see steam come out of our ears!

With Mesa's operation the way it operates, its an embarrassment for the HP employees. Many passengers have NO idea that its not HP but infact a Mesa flight. All of their DOT performances are included in our(HP) figures another reason why the HP employees will NOT get their $50 bonus check for ontime performances.

We feel for you elites!
Old Jun 29, 2005, 8:45 am

Programs: HP, UA, SW
RJ's

Originally Posted by Insiderdude
I am. Next week I'm going direct SAN-YYC on WestJet - on a new 737-700 with satellite TV on the back of each leather seat, and returning on AC/UA through SFO - all on mainline. Yeah, I don't get elite benefits, but with WJ it's direct on a mainline (who can complain about that?! ) and coming back on *A none of it is RJ either. I wrote a letter to HP, talked to a rep, etc. - maybe it's time to ask AC/UA for a comp status match. I am going to fax HP my itinerary to show that business will eventually walk if they don't listen ... as I'm on track to hit 100k this year.

Maybe someone here can help by writing complaining along or letting me know if there's ONE specific person that my complaint will be heard with most effect.

Seriously - 3 hours on an RJ is ridiculous, exit row or not. And since it's a quasi-international (hardly a commuter) flight, the OH bins are always full with vacationers and snowbirds that overpack.
I agree. Three hours on an RJ is completly rediculous. I have to go to Nashville on 7-13. AWA doesn't serve Nashville so I thought I'd go to Memphis and drive. Nice drive, I've done it before and it's a nice time of year. Found out I'd have to travel SNA/PHX and get on a Barbie Jet to Memphis for a little over THREE HOURS. I'd rather fly United than put up with that punishment! Checked several other airlines and wound up flying on AA to Nashville. I hate AA and don't even belong to their frequent flyer program but but would rather put up with their insulting and rude employees than fly an RJ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.