Flight Delayed, again

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2005, 6:06 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
Angry Flight Delayed, again

OK, I am going just to vent a little bit here.

I don't fly HP much, but it is very convenient to go to California from ELP.

I am here at the Airport, and what used to be a 10 minute delay has now turned all of the sudden into a 1 1/2 delay

I don't know about the rest of the HP airports, but anything coming to PHX to ELP absolutely sucks.

I think of the last trips I have taken, only one leg of the flight has been on time, everything is always delayed

I really don't like WN, but I will have to start flying them instead. Unless HP flies somewhere everybody doesn't, the schedule is the only one that will allegedly get me there when I want to, or the price on the other airlines is double, I will never use this airline again.

I will better use those miles and turn them into magazines or something.

Just incredible

Old May 22, 2005, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA Explorer card, AA Plat, Copa Plat, IHG Plat,
Did your flight ever take off?
Old May 22, 2005, 9:21 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It's almost 4 hours, and the plane just arrived.

There is no way I am going to make it in time
Old May 22, 2005, 10:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jfe
I will never use this airline again.

You can't even do that in their sorry program!

If you find a way to get miles into mags or HHonors or etc PLEASE PM me!!
Old May 23, 2005, 1:11 am
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I finally made it to PHX, just some 6 hours delayed

They put me at the Hilton Airport, but I am no longer flying to SNA, but LGB, which will ruin my day for about 3 hours.

And I also had to re-arrange my car reservation, to pick up at LGB and drop off at SNA

I hate them
Old May 23, 2005, 4:56 am

Programs: AA PLT->GLD|HH Gold|SPG PLT->GOLD|HGP Gold|MR Silver
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
You can't even do that in their sorry program!
You may want to be sure you know what you're talking about before you criticize the program...
If you find a way to get miles into mags or HHonors or etc PLEASE PM me!!
Take a look at MilePoint.com -- for magazines, specifically, you can go to http://www.milepoint.com/mall/magazine.asp

It may not be the world's best program on earth, but it's still a pretty good program, and a pretty good airline. They definitely need to work out their on-time issues (and the associated communications issues that go along with it, in terms of keeping passengers informed), but I've been much happier domestically with HP than I ever was in my years (including this one) as a 1K on United.
Old May 23, 2005, 10:43 am

Was this a mesa/HPX flight, or a mainline HP flight?

I've noticed Mesa flights are usually 90% delayed with me - up to a high point of 5.5 hours.

However, I seldom have a mainline HP flight delayed by more than 45 minutes (even in the afternoon they seem to depart right on schedule for me).

Although, I don't usually fly into/out of ELP so your mileage may vary.

Sorry for the delay -- how did the ground staff handle it? Meal vouchers, etc?
Old May 23, 2005, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by jfe
OK, I am going just to vent a little bit here.

I don't fly HP much, but it is very convenient to go to California from ELP.

I am here at the Airport, and what used to be a 10 minute delay has now turned all of the sudden into a 1 1/2 delay

I don't know about the rest of the HP airports, but anything coming to PHX to ELP absolutely sucks.

I think of the last trips I have taken, only one leg of the flight has been on time, everything is always delayed

I really don't like WN, but I will have to start flying them instead. Unless HP flies somewhere everybody doesn't, the schedule is the only one that will allegedly get me there when I want to, or the price on the other airlines is double, I will never use this airline again.

Just incredible

Two comments:

1. Write to HP. They will send you a coupon for a discount off a future trip (whether you want to use it or not). At least, they will be aware that there are unhappy passengers out there (due to Mesa's inability to operate on-time flights).

2. You may want to check to see if WN is any better with their on-time percentages. I have gone through ELP twice in the past couple of months on WN. One flight was 2 hours late; the other flight was 90 minutes late. The problem is that several of the flights originate on the East Coast and are subject to delays out of BWI or PHL and then stop in Texas on the way to ELP.
Old May 23, 2005, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by dmfriedman
You may want to be sure you know what you're talking about before you criticize the program...Take a look at MilePoint.com -- for magazines, specifically, you can go to http://www.milepoint.com/mall/magazine.asp
You're right. However they still make you jump through hoops on someone else's website, while (for example) UA and especially NWA let you take care of redemption within their own website.

Since you are/were 1K but are leaving, I'm glad I don't have to worry about competing w/ you for upgrades.

Last edited by uastarflyer; May 23, 2005 at 3:06 pm
Old May 23, 2005, 3:50 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I will write a letter to HP

This was not a Mesa flight that was delayed yesterday.

Today's flight from PHX-LGB was a Mesa flight, and it also was delayed

We get into the little CRJ, and then they wouldn't get us out of the gate, the guy cut his hand and there wasn't anybody else.

Then the headphones were not working with the radio.

After that, they closed the runaway.

I hate them
Old May 23, 2005, 10:46 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Now that I had some time to rest, does anyone know what email/snail address I should send my complaint to?

And I almost forgot the last incident I had yesterday, after we landed, they couldn't retrieve the luggage that I checked at the gate.

The door was jammed

I just hope I have payed my dues with the travel gods and my travel back home is less eventful.
Old May 24, 2005, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by jfe
I hate them
Me too. I'm flying one of their evil zero-legroom 737's in 5 hrs - I did online check-in and I'm in Group SEVEN.

I hope this HP merger works as well as the other HP merger.
Old May 24, 2005, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by jfe
Now that I had some time to rest, does anyone know what email/snail address I should send my complaint to?

And I almost forgot the last incident I had yesterday, after we landed, they couldn't retrieve the luggage that I checked at the gate.

The door was jammed

I just hope I have payed my dues with the travel gods and my travel back home is less eventful.
Attention: Customer Relations
4000 E. Sky Harbor Blvd.
Phoenix, AZ 85034

I hope this helps. If you want, you could always use the e-mail address but I'd suggest against it as it is limited to 1500 characters.

Hope this helps!
Old May 24, 2005, 10:50 am

Programs: AA PLT->GLD|HH Gold|SPG PLT->GOLD|HGP Gold|MR Silver
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
You're right. However they still make you jump through hoops on someone else's website, while (for example) UA and especially NWA let you take care of redemption within their own website.

Since you are/were 1K but are leaving, I'm glad I don't have to worry about competing w/ you for upgrades.
Can you point me to where on United's web site you can redeem miles for magazines? Other than clicking a link on their website to connect to a third party? Because America West does have the link directly on their web site as well ( http://www.americawest.com/flightfun.../ff_retail.htm ) ...

I'm definitely not trying to suggest that HP is better in this respect. I am, however, having a hard time understand the attitude of HP being a "lesser" airline or program, when they offer the same (or in some cases better) services...

And unfortunately, you'll still have to compete with me for the international upgrades, as I still fly UA internationally and do so enough that I'll continue to maintain my 1K status
Old May 24, 2005, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by dmfriedman
Can you point me to where on United's web site you can redeem miles for magazines? Other than clicking a link on their website to connect to a third party? Because America West does have the link directly on their web site as well ( http://www.americawest.com/flightfun.../ff_retail.htm ) ...

I'm definitely not trying to suggest that HP is better in this respect. I am, however, having a hard time understand the attitude of HP being a "lesser" airline or program, when they offer the same (or in some cases better) services...
UA is only newspapers (and music), NWA is magazines. They each allow you to redeem directly within the airline's website, or else direct you to a link that is branded and logo'd with the airline. You don't have to register a username/password for yet another site like mags 4 miles, that's all I was saying. UA offers newspapers and music downloads simply by having your MP#/passcode. NWA has mags 4 miles built into its FF program website (it is transparent to the end-user).

And unfortunately, you'll still have to compete with me for the international upgrades, as I still fly UA internationally and do so enough that I'll continue to maintain my 1K status
Oh well! So when you connect to/from SFO/LAX to those flights do you prefer TED or UA CRJ?

P.S. back on topic - flight was 15min late, and PHX is HOT even at 9AM!

Seriously, the HP seat pitch (and bin capacity) in their 737 is worse than WN and AS in their 737s.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.