More interesting merger items.

Old May 20, 05, 1:08 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: PHX/SFO/LAX
Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Posts: 7,784
More interesting merger items.

Some interesting points made in the employee meeting.
  • The A350 sale depends on performance. If it doesn't live up to the 787's specs HP is free to place an order for the 787.
  • America West will be getting rid of 10 aircraft from their fleet. 6 737-300's and 4 A319/320's
  • US is more likely to see furloughs, he(Parker) is not expecting any at America West
  • America West would buy US's operating license..

US/HP Employee Meeting W/Doug Recapped
ByrdluvsAWACO is offline  
Old May 20, 05, 9:47 am
  #2  
PHL
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: PHL, NYC
Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Posts: 8,447
Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
[*]US is more likely to see furloughs, he(Parker) is not expecting any at America West
Not until they merge the seniority lists by date of hire and, down the road when downsizing occurs, the junior (i.e. HP) employees get tossed.
PHL is offline  
Old May 20, 05, 10:38 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Programs: US1
Posts: 1,928
I am not trying to start anything here. And I am all for both HP and US succeeding and flourishing. However, We have seen all too many times in the past where in the beginning they tell us one thing and then the end result turns out differently that what was said. I wish all parties good luck in this.

T
US AIRWAYS FAN is offline  
Old May 20, 05, 11:43 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: PHX/SFO/LAX
Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Posts: 7,784
Exclamation

Originally Posted by PHL
Not until they merge the seniority lists by date of hire and, down the road when downsizing occurs, the junior (i.e. HP) employees get tossed.
Yes, but they haven't officially merged. So with the fleet reduction, any layoffs will occur within US employee groups not HP's.
ByrdluvsAWACO is offline  
Old May 20, 05, 1:02 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: PHX
Programs: HP/US
Posts: 250
Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
Yes, but they haven't officially merged. So with the fleet reduction, any layoffs will occur within US employee groups not HP's.
C'mon folks--this is not even 24 hours old and people have HP employees getting tossed and US employee groups getting layoff notices. Let's all sit back and let things unfold. As an HP employee, this merger is going to be a great thing for BOTH carriers and ALL their passengers.
Obviously, there is concern among both workgroups but let's see what happens. Personally, I think they will get most of the employee cuts through normal attrition and retirement.
Posting things like this does absolutely NOTHING and only fuels the fire. Why doesn't everyone concentrate on the new destinations that the "New USAirways" will serve and how many more destinations all HP elite members will be able to travel to.
And yes, I have the flame retardant suit on cuz I expect to get fire bombed with this. I just hope the HP/US employees agree!
snokums925 is offline  
Old May 20, 05, 5:34 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: PIT/DFW/MEL; AA Exec. Platinum & 4MM, QF WP
Posts: 7,689
Originally Posted by snokums925
Why doesn't everyone concentrate on the new destinations that the "New USAirways" will serve and how many more destinations all HP elite members will be able to travel to.
PHL and LAS- based flyers will get "online" connections at US hubs. that's about it for benefits of network. No one else in the HP system is really any better off than they were. any examples of actually useful routings now available in the grand combined route network? any city pairs becoming available that don't already have 2-leg connections on other airlines? not so much. sigh. and *this* is supposed to generate $200m a year in revenue??
martin33 is offline  
Old May 20, 05, 6:26 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lehighton, PA, USA,HH Gold, US Plat
Posts: 467
Originally Posted by martin33
PHL and LAS- based flyers will get "online" connections at US hubs. that's about it for benefits of network. No one else in the HP system is really any better off than they were. any examples of actually useful routings now available in the grand combined route network? any city pairs becoming available that don't already have 2-leg connections on other airlines? not so much. sigh. and *this* is supposed to generate $200m a year in revenue??
2--leg connections are the norm for those of us in smaller cities like ABE, especially when we fly to the west. The beauty will be now it will be on one carrier and not two. For example my recent trip to SLC was US to PIT and then onto DEN and then UA to SLC. (NW, UA and DL fly to a lot of places, but can't even make reasonable 2-leg connections solely on their metal from here in the east--their schedules aren't set up to permit it absent frequent three hour layovers-- if you are willing to change carriers the layover time comes down.). This should open up a lot of the west. I can see it easily raising $200 mil in cash sales.
abeflyer is offline  
Old May 21, 05, 9:39 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: DCA
Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Posts: 2,063
Originally Posted by martin33
PHL and LAS- based flyers will get "online" connections at US hubs. that's about it for benefits of network. No one else in the HP system is really any better off than they were. any examples of actually useful routings now available in the grand combined route network? any city pairs becoming available that don't already have 2-leg connections on other airlines? not so much. sigh. and *this* is supposed to generate $200m a year in revenue??

I have heard that many smaller cities will begin to see nonstop service to both coasts. Routings like SYR-PHX and BUF-PHX are very, very possible, to enable customers to make 1-stop connections whenever possible. The merger is providing the capability and necessary feed to make this possible.

Last edited by GotCalcio4; May 21, 05 at 9:42 pm
GotCalcio4 is offline  
Old May 21, 05, 11:42 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Posts: 9,946
Can the CRJ, CR7, or CR9 make it from SYR/BUF to PHX???
formeraa is offline  
Old May 22, 05, 1:25 am
  #10  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: PHX/SFO/LAX
Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Posts: 7,784
Red face I wouldn't get on an RJ on that flight.

Originally Posted by formeraa
Can the CRJ, CR7, or CR9 make it from SYR/BUF to PHX???
PHX-SYR: 2040 nm
PHX-BUF: 1910 nm

CRJ200: No way.

CRJ200 ER (50 pax) 1,560 nm
CRJ200 LR (50 pax) 1,915 nm


CRJ700: In most cases I would say no, especially on east to west flights.

CRJ700 Series 701 -- (70 pax) 1,648 nm
CRJ700 Series 701 ER (70 pax) 1,947 nm
CRJ700 Series 701 LR (70 pax) 2,186 nm
CRJ700 Series 705 -- (75 pax) 1,930 nm
CRJ700 Series 705 ER (75 pax) 2,044 nm
CRJ700 Series 705 LR (75 pax) 2,044 nm

CRJ900: Definitely not.

CRJ900 -- (86 pax) 1,596 nm
CRJ900 ER (86 pax) 1,840 nm
CRJ900 LR (86 pax) 1,976 nm
ByrdluvsAWACO is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread