US/HP Merger Airbus to loan $250m

Old May 15, 05, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold
US/HP Merger Airbus to loan $250m

I think this is good news would love to see the A350 in the combined fleet. The WSJ online article today says the company could have $1 BILLION in new financing. I think we are going to have a great combine company with great employess.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/050515/us_ai...west.html?.v=4
Old May 15, 05, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA Premier, SPG Gold, HP/US/whatever nothing :-)
Hi, we cant sell this A350 on its own merit we have to make deals with airlines and give them loans to take it. Please.
Old May 15, 05, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA Explorer card, AA Plat, Copa Plat, IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by olympicnut
Hi, we cant sell this A350 on its own merit we have to make deals with airlines and give them loans to take it. Please.

I agree if you have to loan money to get people to buy the planes how are they going to get the 50 orders they need asap?
Old May 15, 05, 9:35 pm

A350?

Just curious -- was looking over at the Airbus site but couldn't locate any information about the A350. Anyone know where I can get some information about it, number of seats, range, etc?
Old May 15, 05, 11:30 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Article in today's Arizona Republic

Here is the article addressing this issue, and others, in today's Arizona Republic:

AmWest, US Air deal likely soon
Formal announcement of merger reportedly is set for Thursday

Weeks of speculation about an America West Airlines-US Airways merger should give way to straight facts this week, with a formal announcement of the deal tentatively set for Thursday.

Sources close to the talks say the airlines and the partners they have lined up to help create the nation's sixth-largest carrier are aiming to release the news after the stock market closes that day.

There are no guarantees they'll meet that goal, of course, given the myriad parties involved and mountains of paperwork. Previous internal deadlines have come and gone. America West has plenty on its plate early in the week, with its annual shareholders meeting and quarterly board of directors meeting in Tempe.

Whenever it comes - and few don't expect a deal at this point - the merger announcement may begin to answer a cargo-hold's worth of questions on the minds of employees, unions, travelers, airport officials and city leaders from Philadelphia to Phoenix. In the Valley, the airline has more than 10,000 employees and accounts for nearly 40 percent of the passenger traffic at Sky Harbor International Airport, 50 percent if you add in commuter operation America West Express. US Airways' big hubs are in Philadelphia and Charlotte, N.C.

Wall Street will be watching keenly, too, and has been skeptical of the marriage to date. America West's stock has fallen 15 percent since word of the talks leaked last month, closing at $4.09 Friday. . .
Old May 16, 05, 2:07 am

Location: In a plane over Europe; I mean in the back of a plane over Europe !!!
Programs: HHonors, Scandic, Priority Club, Marriott, AF/KL FB, BAEC, AB TB, LH M&M
Originally Posted by simba_az
Just curious -- was looking over at the Airbus site but couldn't locate any information about the A350. Anyone know where I can get some information about it, number of seats, range, etc?
It exists only on paper, let me say an improved version of the 330 which should compete with the 787.
Old May 16, 05, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by olympicnut
I think they call that a quid-pro-quo. "We would by happy to loan you money for you meger, but we think the new airline will need some A350s."
Old May 16, 05, 8:39 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Hilton HHonors Silver, Hertz Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by simba_az

http://www.zap16.com/civ%20fact/civ%20airbus%20a350.htm
Old May 16, 05, 9:21 am

Programs: AA Gold, DL Silver, SPG/MR Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by DataPlumber
I think they call that a quid-pro-quo. "We would by happy to loan you money for you meger, but we think the new airline will need some A350s."
What do you call the bailouts of the legacies by GE? The only difference this time is we're talking about the French taxpayer's $ and not GE's.
Old May 16, 05, 9:23 am

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Angry Wt*?

What the ****! I go away for a few days(Rocky Point) and now HP is buying A350's? This merger is getting crazy.
Old May 16, 05, 9:48 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by tdb27
What do you call the bailouts of the legacies by GE? The only difference this time is we're talking about the French taxpayer's $ and not GE's.
Just wondering who makes the powerplants for the Airbus aircrafts? Probably not GE, right?

LAX
Old May 16, 05, 10:34 am

Programs: AA Gold, DL Silver, SPG/MR Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by LAX
Just wondering who makes the powerplants for the Airbus aircrafts? Probably not GE, right?

LAX
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, sorry. Today's WSJ says that the 350s will gave GE engines. I was responding to a post that said the Airbus financing was a quid-pro-quo for buying the 350s, and merely pointing out that all the other airlines were bailed out by GE so they could keep buying their engines, it's the same thing.

Last edited by WheelsFirst; May 16, 05 at 10:43 am
Old May 17, 05, 7:41 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by tdb27
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, sorry. Today's WSJ says that the 350s will gave GE engines. I was responding to a post that said the Airbus financing was a quid-pro-quo for buying the 350s, and merely pointing out that all the other airlines were bailed out by GE so they could keep buying their engines, it's the same thing.
I wasn't trying to be sarcastic. I just wanted to know if the Airbus would in anyway benefit GE, and I understand your point. I guess if GE does provide its powerplants for Airbus, this loan should also benefit them provided US/HP would choose GE powerplants with their new planes.

LAX

Search this Thread