Help w Trial Elite? -- SEA-SFO leaves me 900 mi short

Old May 13, 05, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

Help w Trial Elite? -- SEA-SFO leaves me 900 mi short

I'm going to make the Gold OK within the 90 days allowed, but I'll need 4000 more actual or minimum (500) miles for the Platinum, which will give me the 100% bonus for the rest of the year, an estimated 10,500 additional miles on a likely 21,000 miles of HP travel before the Platinum expires.

SEA-SFO is a real destination option with family to visit, and not just a mileage run, but its routing via PHX down, and LAS coming back, only gets me 3121 mi.

It's worth paying the $240 or so over Memorial Day, if I can get the 4000 mi.

When I first started checking it out, some itineraries had a LAS-PHX component in the middle, but now I don't see it. If I could get that in, both ways, and/or force it back to PHX on the return, I might just squeak in over the 4000 in this one trip.

Trying to do it via multiple destinations on HP's website (which hangs my MSN browser fairly often) forces the price up to the $500 range; no can do.

Any ideas? I'm new here, and new to the tools now available, since I've been mostly dormant as a mileage hound the past decade.
Old May 15, 05, 12:12 am

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by SEAfarer
I'm going to make the Gold OK within the 90 days allowed, but I'll need 4000 more actual or minimum (500) miles for the Platinum, which will give me the 100% bonus for the rest of the year, an estimated 10,500 additional miles on a likely 21,000 miles of HP travel before the Platinum expires.

SEA-SFO is a real destination option with family to visit, and not just a mileage run, but its routing via PHX down, and LAS coming back, only gets me 3121 mi.

It's worth paying the $240 or so over Memorial Day, if I can get the 4000 mi.

When I first started checking it out, some itineraries had a LAS-PHX component in the middle, but now I don't see it. If I could get that in, both ways, and/or force it back to PHX on the return, I might just squeak in over the 4000 in this one trip.

Trying to do it via multiple destinations on HP's website (which hangs my MSN browser fairly often) forces the price up to the $500 range; no can do.

Any ideas? I'm new here, and new to the tools now available, since I've been mostly dormant as a mileage hound the past decade.
Unfortunately, some of the fares must have gone up and/or flights sold out at the lowest fares. Also, you have lost the 14 day advance purchase. Perhaps if you went somewhere other than SFO.
Old May 17, 05, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by formeraa
Perhaps if you went somewhere other than SFO.
Thanks -- that's what I bought (it'll be two trips elsewhere in June, but the benefits are, ah, twice as nice )

Search this Thread