Surprise! Free Wi-fi at LAS

Old May 6, 05, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

Surprise! Free Wi-fi at LAS

Currently sitting at Teminal B LAS. My notebook picked up the free Wifi signal and is now connected at 36Mbps.

http://www.bbwexchange.com/publicati...46-1515926.asp
Old May 6, 05, 11:08 pm

Programs: AA PLT->GLD|HH Gold|SPG PLT->GOLD|HGP Gold|MR Silver
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=390912
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=386698
Old May 6, 05, 11:34 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Unhappy They install it now that I don't need it.

This is good news. Unfortunately, I probably won't be in LAS too much this year since I'm flying UA more and more.
Old May 7, 05, 10:44 pm

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
This is good news. Unfortunately, I probably won't be in LAS too much this year since I'm flying UA more and more.
Wish they would do that in PHX.. closest is getting someone to have me as a guest in the Club... (where there is wifi)
Old May 7, 05, 11:03 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
The signal leaks out by gate A7. However, you need the password.
Old May 8, 05, 2:27 am

Programs: Flying Nut
This is free wireless offered by the airport authority and has been around since at least Mid-March
Old May 8, 05, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
I really wish sky harbor would hop on the WiFi bandwagon too. I use IPass most places and really don't think it necessarily needs to be free but access to it would be nice.

I'm not a member of the America West club as I can't convince my wife that a few hundred dollars a year is a good investment when I wouldn't ever use the thing for more than a couple hours a week at most.

Now if they would let me join the HP club using some kinda miles transfer it would be much more feasible for me to do it as it wouldn't cost me any "money" but that's a whole nother story.

Lance
Old May 12, 05, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by Scott6067
This is free wireless offered by the airport authority and has been around since at least Mid-March
i LUV the free wi-fi at LAS! now if we could just kill the 'wheel of fortune' signals coming from all of the slot machines!
Old May 19, 05, 9:39 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Platinum, Delta Gold
Thanks! Just saw this post yesterday, and am now on while I'm waiting for my flight in terminal B. DSL reporst shows I'm getting 1.2Mbps down, 343 up. I'm in the "rotunda" B8-B12 gates. I couldn't get a signal at all at the gates closer to Burger King area.

Very nice. WIsh more airports and airlines would start doing this. I'm an American guy for the most part, but due to high fares this flight and the next are on AW. Free wireless is nice for the long waits for red-eyes.

Search this Thread