America West improves on-time performance

Old May 6, 2005, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Thumbs up America West improves on-time performance

Looks as though they're doing something right.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...4amwest04.html
Old May 7, 2005, 10:28 am

Programs: TAM Fidelidade Blue Level, Southwest RR,
But ranking of Customer Complaints with DOT is.......

Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO

But AWA needs to improve their ranking in the customer complaints category. AWA ranks #18 out of 19 in customer complaints. And interestingly enough, #19 was....USAIR.
Old May 7, 2005, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Exclamation

Well hopefully with more on-time flights those complaints will drop a little. One step at a time.
Old May 7, 2005, 11:44 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FAmodelGuy
. . . AWA ranks #18 out of 19 in customer complaints. And interestingly enough, #19 was....USAIR.
Perfect for each other, huh? Together they should be able to lock in that #18 spot (since there will no longer be 19) for a long time to come!

HP was doing so much better there for a while.
Old May 7, 2005, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO

Slightly off topic.

I had a horrible experience flying American West a couple of weekends ago. Because of a delay I missed my LAS-LAX connection, but UA was nice enough to endorse my ticket over to American West. Not to mention the check-in/ticketing area was a zoo, security check took a while also. There were 3 ground agents at the gate working the flight, which is more than what I usual experience with UA(I don't see more than two agents and sometimes only one for TED). However, all three agents seemed really busy with something and fail to inform passengers about the flight delay. I was about to walk up and ask the reason for the delay, but another passenger had beat me to it. The ground agent was very quick to say she is busy before the passenger could open his mouth! I was glad I wasn't up at that counter. I figure I should just keep quiet and be thankful I am getting home that night. The only announcement was minutes before boarding to inform us about boarding and boarding procedures. The flight was delayed, that was a fact, but not informing passengers and the attitude. I hope that is not a norm with American West. Maybe it's just Vegas!
Old May 7, 2005, 9:57 pm

Programs: HP/US
C'mon People!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Motion122

I had a horrible experience flying American West...American West...a norm with American West.
For the love of Pete, the name is AMERICA WEST. Your credibility is ZERO if you can't even get the name of the airline right. Just remember, the N is SILENT! Do you also fly Alaskan?
Sorry, this just really aggrivates me!
Old May 7, 2005, 10:38 pm

Programs: TAM Fidelidade Blue Level, Southwest RR,
Originally Posted by snokums925
For the love of Pete, the name is AMERICA WEST. Your credibility is ZERO if you can't even get the name of the airline right. Just remember, the N is SILENT! Do you also fly Alaskan?
What's aggrivates?
Old May 7, 2005, 11:02 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
I think you meant "aggravates". So it's my first time flying America(n) West, give me a break. And, no, I have never flown Alaska(n).
Old May 8, 2005, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
Why would their credibility be zero? Just because he mistyped or mispronounced the name of the airline? I to notice gate agents are rude at times when they are "busy". He still had an issue with the gate agents and was just making it known. I'm very, very nice when approaching them but sometimes they have bad days too and bite my head off at times as well. Obviously the person doesn't fly HP very often so we can cut him a break. Not like he called it America Worst or something so old as that term.

Depending on how long the flight was delayed alot of times they don't announce it for short delays. Not knowing the specifics, I have flights that are 20 minutes late and they just put it on the board and don't announce a thing about it. Only if it is majorly delayed, which i haven't experienced in a while (Serious Knocking On Wood) since I no longer fly through LAS, do they ever make an announcement in my limited experience.

Lance

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.