Wiki Posts
Search

Picture of the new HP leather seats.

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2005, 4:50 pm

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
Originally Posted by US AIRWAYS FAN
Byrd,

I donīt think most of us think that way at all. And I hope that US will have the America West brand fly as one of their express carriers. I hope you all write or call into US Airways Consumer affairs and suggest it. It can happen.

I am going to make a phone call to US Airways Consumer Affairs (and write them too) to suggest it. 866.523.5333 then option 2 then option 4 or [email protected]

One minor correction, you can call Flight Fund. Although the new airline is going to be called US Airways, it is a combination of two existing airlines. One thing you have to remember is that America West is not going to be "disolved" into the current US Airways, a new low-cost carrier is being created in America West's image.

I believe both Flight Fund and Dividend Miles (as well as US AIRWAYS CONSUMER AFFAIRS and America West) are all involved in satisfying the customer of this future airline.
Old May 22, 2005, 11:30 pm

Programs: Motel 6 Club Avoir Le Cafard
Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
No changes to the F seats, and no other cabin differences.
The Airbus F seats are roomy, but downright painful to sit in.
Old May 22, 2005, 11:36 pm

Programs: US1
Originally Posted by LAX1K to AmWest
One thing you have to remember is that America West is not going to be "disolved" into the current US Airways, a new low-cost carrier is being created in America West's image.

Yes but one thing you have to remember as well. Most consumers are not going to see it that way. People who are not "so informed" or only fly 1, 2, or 3 times a year are going to see the US image still around and not the America West image. Many are going to think it has been dissolved. That is why I am pushing people to write, and you should write or call both sides. I do not have HP's information. I would have posted it on here if I did.

Most of us on here on FT know more about what is going on with airlines than most employees who work for the airline. We are informed because we dig up the dirt to find out. Many people just want to get from point A to point B and they are going to see that HP is gone from the skies. That is why I am pushing to at least have HP as an express carrier. At least you will hear that over the express gates ect. "US AIRWAYS EXPRESS FLIGHT XXXX OPERATED BY AMERICA WEST AIRLINES IS READY FOR BOARDING..." The name can live on just like US Airways does still use today Piedmont, PSA and one other I can't remember off the top of my head. Even when you pull the emergency card out of the seat pocket they still use the old PSA font on the card (that use to be on the plane itself.) The AW logo would probably be there.

Last edited by US AIRWAYS FAN; May 22, 2005 at 11:44 pm
Old May 23, 2005, 5:26 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by mbstone
The Airbus F seats are roomy, but downright painful to sit in.
How so?

I find US leather FC seats on Airbus planes more comfortable than UA cloth FC seats on the Airbus. I don't consider myself a "big" person but UA Airbus FC seats make me feel very "wide" when I sit in them.
Old May 23, 2005, 8:06 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by US AIRWAYS FAN
Yes but one thing you have to remember as well. Most consumers are not going to see it that way. People who are not "so informed" or only fly 1, 2, or 3 times a year are going to see the US image still around and not the America West image.
Big agreement here. My wife when I arrived home after the merger my wife said, "So is US Airlines buying HP going to affect you?" I responded with a "huh?" and asked her what she was talking about. She said from all the news reports she had seen, and the fact that America West was going away that US Airways had swallowed up HP. Uninformed consumers are definitely going to think US Airways runs the show.

Lance
Old May 23, 2005, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy
I don't consider myself a "big" person but UA Airbus FC
seats make me feel very "wide" when I sit in them.
It could be worse. You could be in Y where the seats make you feel narrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.