New First Class Snack

Old Apr 18, 2005, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: US/CO/AA/MR Plat
New First Class Snack

Maybe I'm slow or haven't noticed, but they changed the First Class Snack Mix. Had it yesterday from LAX-PHX.

Same bag but slightly different insides.

Not only was there more mix, but it was more like an assorment served at a bar.

Has anyone else had this new meal option? What do you think?

Washed it down with an Arizona Iced Tea (that is no longer listed on the menu in the magazine) I kind of liked it.

Last edited by SDLFlyer; Apr 18, 2005 at 11:59 am
Old Apr 18, 2005, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Do you mean their "gold mix" pacakge is bigger? I like that gold mix actually.

Hey, any of you remember about a few months ago HP was handing out (on non meal F flights) those energy or power bars? I remember getting them on a phx-dfw flight back in December but they seemed to have since vanished. They were good.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
I experienced the new mix Thursday on the flight back from MSP to PHX. I have to say I don't like it near as well as the old mix. On my flight back last night to MSP we were first given the old mix then subsequent bags were the new mix. The bag does seem more full but I'm not a fan. Thankfully I'll stop eating so much of it Now if we could just get them to change the chicken/shrimp ceaser salad/pasta for something else (something else better that is) I would be happier

Lance
Old Apr 18, 2005, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP
No more "Roasted Gold!?"

That was my favorite part of the HP F experience...

now I'm depressed.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Cool Don't screw with a good thing.

So they screwed up the Gold Mix? Damm! To be honest though, HP has no control over this. King Nut is the company that makes the mix packets.

Why do companies feel the need to screw with good products.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 7:33 pm

Programs: Empty Seat Program
Did the bag still say Gold Mix?
Seems to me I remember having this bar-type mix that you speak of years ago, then switched to the one with the cranberries.
I've been in YC this month, so I haven't notived.
I will be on the look out this week!

Maybe they're just gonna rotate, like they do in YC w/the salted, honey roast, pretzels?
Old Apr 18, 2005, 7:51 pm

has anybody also noticed the change on their website to the F catering. for am flights, it shows the waffle now becoming an omelet, and the pm flights change from a ziti pasta to lasagna. has anybody had these yet
Old Apr 18, 2005, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US/CO/AA/MR Plat
Originally Posted by Lifer
Did the bag still say Gold Mix?
Seems to me I remember having this bar-type mix that you speak of years ago, then switched to the one with the cranberries.
I've been in YC this month, so I haven't notived.
I will be on the look out this week!

Maybe they're just gonna rotate, like they do in YC w/the salted, honey roast, pretzels?
Same exact bag except it has more in it. I think they took out the cranberries. These will me missed.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 3:00 am

Programs: Ex-Professional Jumpseat Rider
Originally Posted by SDLFlyer
Same exact bag except it has more in it. I think they took out the cranberries. These will me missed.
I had the new mix on all my flights this weekend. Frankly, I am not a fan of the cheese stick things in the mix and prefer the old mix.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 6:01 am

Programs: DL DM MM, MH Gold, SPG Platinum
Yep, same bag. BTW, those were not craberries, they were dried cherries. At least that is what it said on the bag. I don't like the new stuff at all. Those cheese stick things are horrible. I liked the old stuff.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by stewabr
Yep, same bag. BTW, those were not craberries, they were dried cherries. At least that is what it said on the bag. I don't like the new stuff at all. Those cheese stick things are horrible. I liked the old stuff.

The old mix had 7 gms of fat per bag. I wonder what the new "supersise me" bag has. Guess I'll find out in about 3 hours.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 7:46 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
Personally I'm glad for the new bag ...I dislike it enough that I won't have to worry about eating so much of it. The old stuff I really liked. Now if they could just put a ton of pepper in the cobbler I'd be good to go

Lance
Old Apr 19, 2005, 8:57 am

Programs: AA Gold,DL Gold
If only they could tweak the rustica cheeseburger to make it edible.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 8:57 am

My favorite thing in the whole mix is gone?
Old Apr 19, 2005, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by stewabr

Ooops I thought they were cranberries too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.