A319 shows as A320 when booking online

Old Apr 26, 05, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HP Silver
A319 shows as A320 when booking online

Has anyone else noticed that when booking via Americawest.com that "A319" never shows up as equipment type? It seems A319s show up as A320. Can anyone explain why this is the case??
Old Apr 26, 05, 10:43 pm

Programs: Ex-Professional Jumpseat Rider
Originally Posted by Tedaz8
Has anyone else noticed that when booking via Americawest.com that "A319" never shows up as equipment type? It seems A319s show up as A320. Can anyone explain why this is the case??
I am going to assume that it is because the 319 & 320 are all very, very similiar, the only significant difference being the 319 has 26 fewer seats as configured on HP. They share the same engines, flight deck, avionics, control systems, interior options, galleys and Inflight Entertainment Equipment. The 319 just holds a few less people and because of the fewer people can actually carry a bit more fuel and has a slightly longer cruise range.
Old Apr 27, 05, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: The Airline Run by Doug P
Originally Posted by hp_fa
I am going to assume that it is because the 319 & 320 are all very, very similiar, the only significant difference being the 319 has 26 fewer seats as configured on HP. They share the same engines, flight deck, avionics, control systems, interior options, galleys and Inflight Entertainment Equipment. The 319 just holds a few less people and because of the fewer people can actually carry a bit more fuel and has a slightly longer cruise range.
Also I believe the exit row config on the 319 is different. On row 10 (?) I believe there are only two seats, with no seat next to the escape hatch, giving the pax in 11A/F quite a lot of legroom
Old Apr 27, 05, 4:53 am

Programs: DL DM MM, MH Gold, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by enviroian
Also I believe the exit row config on the 319 is different. On row 10 (?) I believe there are only two seats, with no seat next to the escape hatch, giving the pax in 11A/F quite a lot of legroom
Close, it is rows 9 and 10 instead of 10 and 11. 10A and 10F have the large legroom but the seats suck IMHO. I really despise the exit config on the 319's because there is no good seat for me. This is especially annoying since I only get about 50% upgrades on my flights from PHL on Thursday afternoons and the plane is a 319. The 320 is much better configuration IMHO.

I always try to get 9C or 9D on the 319's and 11C or 11D on the 320's but then again I also can't stand the window seat in coach and feel cramped despite the fact that I'm not a large person (5'9", 185lbs). I see really big guys setting in those seats almost every week and just can't imagine how uncomfortable they must be.

Search this Thread