UA consistantly underprices HP on PHX-SFO

Old May 8, 2005, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
Unfortunately, AS is not and option. They don't serve the Bay area from PHX without a stop in PDX. That fare always seems to be in the $400+ range

Besides, AS is having some terrible on-time performance problems, and a potential strike/Chaos is looming.
I know that AS only flies to SEA, PDX, and ANC from PHX. My point was that I refused to pay HP's higher fares and chose a competitor (in this case, AS).

Yes, I have been very vocal here about AS's POOR on-time performance. However, my luck has been equally bad on WN and HP (actually Mesa which doesn't count toward HP's performance).
Old May 8, 2005, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Deleted duplicate post.

Last edited by formeraa; May 10, 2005 at 2:07 pm
Old May 10, 2005, 1:03 pm

Programs: NetJets Marquis, Southwest Moo, Marriott Platinum
Good for AWA!

I think it's great that AWA can hit their goals at a higher rate, I've been whining about fares being too low for years. I was an exclusive (whenever there was a choice) UA customer for 15+ years, but I bailed on them a few years back.

I prefer HP's service and can justify the difference based on schedule and on time performance.

Here's one customer that hopes to see fares rise some this year. Let's chase the bad guys into liquidation and have fares float to a free market system that isn't screwed up by bankruptcy cover and government intervention.
Old May 10, 2005, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

KevAZ --

I'm right there with you. If they can tighten bankruptcy rules for individuals, then they need to tighten bankruptcy rules for companies. There should be a strict limitation on the time companies can operate under bankruptcy protection. I am thinking a maximum of one year before they must find financing or cease operations.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.