How Scared Should I Be?

Old May 6, 2005, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Cool Yet you fly NW.

Originally Posted by peachfront
I last flew America West in 1999, and it was a dreadful experience. Please reassure me.
Define dreadful.

I can reassure you that HP won't let you sit on a runway for 9+ hours without functioning lavs like a certain airline we won't mention.
Old May 6, 2005, 9:21 pm

Programs: Singapore Airlines PPS Club, Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by Lifer
Hi Loony!

Like Snokums said , standby is allowed for easrlier flights. But if you have checked baggage, they probably won't allow it.
LA flights have a high no-show factor, so even if a flight is booked full, you may still make it on.
Good Luck!
Thanks Snokums and Lifer... How do we check the loads of the respective flights? One more thing, I understand there's no charge for asking to be put on an earlier flight, but HP164 Economy is priced differently from other flights. Wouldn't that be an issue?

Loony
Old May 7, 2005, 7:12 am

Programs: HP/US
Originally Posted by Loony
Thanks Snokums and Lifer... How do we check the loads of the respective flights? One more thing, I understand there's no charge for asking to be put on an earlier flight, but HP164 Economy is priced differently from other flights. Wouldn't that be an issue?
I was home when I checked on the HP employee website. The flights are priced differently based on loads so the cheaper fares are sold out on the more heavily booked flight!
You can call HP, explain the situation and ask how standby on the earlier flt looks. The agent shouldn't give you the exact number but should give you an approximation.
Hope this helps!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.