america west club las vegas

Old Mar 21, 2005, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
america west club las vegas

What is it like?

I have 2 club passes for AW but flying in via Continental. Any way I can get access to it?
Old Mar 21, 2005, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by welookgood.com
What is it like?

I have 2 club passes for AW but flying in via Continental. Any way I can get access to it?
The LAS club is outside of security so you should not have any trouble getting into it.

I find the LAS club to be a bit run down and depressing compared to the PHX clubs. IIRC it's broken up into 4 or 5 smaller rooms with chairs and small tables. There are windows in one room, but they only occupy the upper 1/3 of one wall in that room.
Old Mar 21, 2005, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA EP, OZ Diamond, WS Plat, Avis CHM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
It's not a bad club - the thing is that it IS outside of security and depending on which terminal you come in on it may be a long walk/trainride away. It's not a bad place if you need to blow a few hours, but just be aware that you have to give it some time to get back through security, especially during those busy hours (ie Sunday afternoons).
Old Mar 29, 2005, 3:17 pm

Programs: CO Plat, UA PE, F9 Summit, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Thumbs up

One of the best things about the LAS club is the employees working the counter. Patricia, Linda, Virginia and Shelly are the best. They would win any award for customer service hands down. I have not experianced the same at PHX.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 12:10 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
LAS club is very depressing IMHO, bar lady/man is not at all friendly every time Im there. The front counter people are nice, but overall I wouldn't overstretch myself trying to get in.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
I happen to love the Club. Food is mostly packaged, but there is LOTS of variety. Take a couple of cookies and fruit for the road!
Old Mar 30, 2005, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Plat, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, WynDia, Choicepl, IHGDia
The club is OK but I agree the people are awesome! The red-eye agents and bartenders are truly aware that customers make paychecks possible. GREAT CREW! Plenty of good snacks, HUGE 20oz bottles of water, plenty of WSJ's and USATodays. Can't ask for much more.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 6:20 am

Just used the LAS club last night before a NW redeye to DTW... am a NW Worldclub member, and when I inquired about a club, I was told to use the America West Club.
Although the outside of the club looked like it could use a fresh coat of paint and some updated signage, I found the club to be very nice, a step above most of NW's clubs. First off, the club was deserted when we got there- I felt kinda bad for the 2 staff members there. No problem checking in with the NW club card. The bartender was very nice, although seemed pretty bored. Great selection of drinks and some good snacks, and as was mentioned before, the sports style of water bottles. Even still had some copies of the USA Today and WSJ, and I had control of the DirecTV remote too. Can't give kudos to the club, but having the free wireless everywhere at LAS is a trend that needs to catch on at other airports.
Only downside was the hike over to the D-gates, but with no line at security, made it from the club to gate in about 15 minutes.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA,DL
Smile

Originally Posted by mcoyle
One of the best things about the LAS club is the employees working the counter. Patricia, Linda, Virginia and Shelly are the best. They would win any award for customer service hands down. I have not experianced the same at PHX.
----------The staff at the las vagas club are the besthands down.----------
Old Jul 21, 2005, 12:28 am

Programs: 1K , 2MM, UA Club, *G, Admirals Club Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Ditto that -- This club has great employees with personalized attention!
Old Jul 28, 2005, 9:43 am

Programs: AA million miler
i flew yesterday HP50 LAS/JFK in F (which gives me lounge access)

i agree, the staff could not have been nicer

cheery, going out of their way to help when we were delayed about an hour (ground stop)

most other airline folk (non HP) are bitter, nasty, miserable, who act like if you weren't there, their life would be better (yoo hoo UA; are you listening?)

all the HP staff i interfaced with (including the bright and smiling F FA) seemed happy to have me as a (full fare) customer

yes the lounge is a little run-down, dark, and small; but if you had a chance, go for it!
Old Jul 30, 2005, 12:20 am
Original Member

It's the best club at LAS.

QL
Old Aug 2, 2005, 10:59 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold, UA Premier 1K, AA Gold (MM)
But it's outside security...

...and that's its big downfall, imho.

I'm usually interested in going to the club in two situations.

For the first kind, when I'm going to be "stuck" (either by design or delay) for a few hours, then the security thing doesn't matter, as I'm not going to be pressed for time.

But, the other time I like to use the club is to escape from the families, conventioneers and other never-evers when I'm forced to fly around a holiday weekend or some other similar time where the leisure customer is dominant. At PHX, I can duck into the club for 30 minutes and get some work done or relax with a beer and then shoot out to the gate just in time to board. At LAS, that's not an option. Combined with the construction, I'm really working hard at avoiding LAS right now.

Anyway, I've got to agree that the staff is great, but that's something I've noticed about HP in general...morale is better than it's been in years with all staffers I've talked to recently.

Here's a question for everyone...does any airline have a club at LAS that IS past security?
Old Aug 2, 2005, 7:10 pm

Programs: HP Gold, US Silver, Starwood Gold, Hilton Silver
Check out http://www.mccarran.com/services.asp and click Clubs.

It's hard to make out but it looks like there's one in D which has UA AA NW etc. and two in T2, which has Hooters Air among others. I bet that's an interesting lounge.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 9:19 pm

Programs: Flying Nut
LAS Clubs

Currently AW is the only airline with a dedicated club that I know of in Las Vegas. The ones in Terminal 2 are first class lounges used by the airlines there more of a general first class lounge versus a dedicated airline lounge.

One location in the D gates at McCarren represent the former lounge run by National Airlines when they were still around. The other lounge is in the newest section of the DGates and is in an area that the public doesnt currenlty have access to. I have heard through other forums on here that one of these two clubs was rumored to someday be a shared club between Co/NW/Delta. Who knows though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.