america west club las vegas

Old Aug 9, 2005, 11:31 am

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
HP club LAS

I believe used to be a Delta Crown room. Is is dark and old but very comfortable and you could not ask for better service
I am glad I got my Lifetime membership before they pulled it.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 6:23 am

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, National Executive
Thumbs up Best of the Best

The people at the desk make this club the best of any club.
UA Red Carpet Club have 'matrons' who are grumpy and just seem to want you to get out of their line.
The angels at the HP club make going to the airport in LAS a pleasure, and go out of their way to help when there are delays or cancellations. Even though the club is outside security, it is a quiet haven compared to the noisy terminals.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 10:33 am

Location: Anaheim, CA - Delta Platinum Medallion,Sky Team Elite Plus, American Airlines Platinum, OneWorld - Emerald, EK-Skywards Gold, VS Flying Club, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold. Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum, Intercontinental Platinum Ambassador
I hade the opportunity to try the club out and found the recptionist to be quite friendly. The bar tender was very nice. Theonly problem was that he kept disappearing whenever I needed a refill. The only downside to the lounge is that it is outside the secure area and you need to go through security after you have enjoyed the lounge.
Old Aug 19, 2005, 12:38 am

Programs: AA,DL
Question las club or phx club

how does every body rate the phx clubs?---------mho the phx club rooms are more modern with a view but the staff are always talking to each other or on the phone and have never gone out of there to get to know me. i spend about 2 to 3 hours every other week in them. i will take the girls from las any time over the phx clubs.

Last edited by grbauctions; Aug 19, 2005 at 12:40 am
Old Aug 20, 2005, 8:59 am

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
My experience

Well I enjoy a few drinks and usually put 3 oz of booze in my drinks. PHX bartender refuses to do that will only pour one shot (premeasured 1.5 oz)
We all know how weak one shot in a tall glass is. Then three drink max and they do count. This policy is an absolute joke

Also the Female bartender has the attitude she was on KP duty and was talking on the phone arguing with what looked like a love quarrel.

The desk agent was friendly and the cookies and chips were good.
The coffee was nasty like airplane coffee. Presidents club and World Club hace much better coffee. I believe you can order a capichino (sp?) and they have pure drinkind water in PHX also.

LAS has more food selection and unlimited drinks and bartender is very friendly
and desk agent is a jewel.
Old Aug 20, 2005, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
A previous poster mentioned that the downside of the LAS club is that it is outside security. In general, I agree that this isn't great.

And yet.... For all those times I fly WN/UA/AA/DL/NW, etc, it's great to have access to the club, as I wouldn't if the club were beyond security.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 10:38 am

Programs: AS,AC
Spent a couple hours there last week. You are absolutely correct that the staff is great. Watched the PGA and had a snack or two. The only thing I would have liked was some way to put my feet up.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 12:25 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
It will be very interesting to see what happens to the club network post-merger. Will the new airline close any clubs? Open any new clubs? Renovate (some of the US Airways Clubs are pretty shabby looking)? Will the nice features of the America West Clubs survive (open bar, espresso drinks, nice selection of snacks) or will they be cut back to US Airways level (cash bar, espresso drinks/coffee from an awful Flavia machine, extremely limited snack selection-- e.g. biscoff and red delicious apples at breakfast and pretzels at night)? What partnerships will survive (Priority Pass, Red Carpet Club, WorldClub, etc.)?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.