HP not fully listed in Travelocity?

Old Jan 28, 2005, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

HP not fully listed in Travelocity?

Interesting when I do a lowest fare search on Travelocity for flexible dates, none of HP's fares get listed. But if I do a date-specific search, they are listed. I tried about half a dozen routes, and this pattern held true for all of them.

So what's the deal? Does Travelocity charge more to be listed on its "flexible date" search, and is HP unwilling to pay? Or is it a glitch?
Old Sep 7, 2005, 8:36 am

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Bump this up. I just looked on travelocity and could not find HP on their either. What's the deal folks??
Old Sep 7, 2005, 10:26 am

Programs: UA Premier, SPG Gold, HP/US/whatever nothing :-)
Probably has something to do with the fact that HP will no longer be HP here real soon. Just a guess.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by olympicnut
Probably has something to do with the fact that HP will no longer be HP here real soon. Just a guess.
If guesses were dresses, we'll all be in skirts.

This is nothing new, no HP flights (or at least on PHX-LAX routes which I fly normally).
Old Sep 7, 2005, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Wonder how much revenue HP has forgone by not being on travelocity. Wow!
Old Sep 8, 2005, 10:33 am

Programs: HP Silver
Originally Posted by iahphx
Interesting when I do a lowest fare search on Travelocity for flexible dates, none of HP's fares get listed. But if I do a date-specific search, they are listed. I tried about half a dozen routes, and this pattern held true for all of them.

So what's the deal? Does Travelocity charge more to be listed on its "flexible date" search, and is HP unwilling to pay? Or is it a glitch?

This has been the case with Travelocity for at least a year or so. I posed this question to Travelocity's customer support folks and here's the response they gave:
We would like to inform that the way America West submits their fares to Travelocity we are often not able to confirm America West reservations to our customers when using lowest fare search booking path. That is the reason America West fares are available for booking if you select specific dates on our Search Flights page.

We apologize for the inconvience.
It almost sounds as if HP is deliberately not posting their fares in "lowest fare" searches. Maybe it's part of their latest fare strategy?
Old Sep 8, 2005, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Tedaz8
This has been the case with Travelocity for at least a year or so. I posed this question to Travelocity's customer support folks and here's the response they gave:
We would like to inform that the way America West submits their fares to Travelocity we are often not able to confirm America West reservations to our customers when using lowest fare search booking path. That is the reason America West fares are available for booking if you select specific dates on our Search Flights page.

We apologize for the inconvience.
It almost sounds as if HP is deliberately not posting their fares in "lowest fare" searches. Maybe it's part of their latest fare strategy?
No, it sounds like Travelocity is responding with a "PC" response. Clearly, HP is NOT willing to pay Travelocity extra to have their fares listed in the "lowest fare searches".

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.