New Catering Vendor

Old Jan 5, 2004, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, DL Silv
New Catering Vendor

Well...some of you (self included) have grumbled about hot pockets in F. I sent an email to [email protected] , and received a call back from the Exec Offices @ HP. The voicemail left stated:
"We appreciate your feedback. We have a contract w/ a new vendor for our catering. Hopefully you will see some positive changes in the coming year."

So stay tuned....hopefully things will get better?

-Steve
Old Jan 5, 2004, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I had it tonight, phx-ord, flight 5. Instead of the old trusty "hot pocket" we were treated to a new version of such--larger bun, almost like a calzone, stuffed with sausage. Yes, an improvement, but still the worst domestic F class around, period.
Old Jan 6, 2004, 1:28 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Please say this new vendor knows how to make a proper snack mix, I'd rather not have nuts, cranberries and those sesame things anymore.

------------------
DC-10's Forever!
"This is the weirdest Routing I've seen in all my 16 years"
-LGA Check in Agent upon seeing LGA-BOS-JFK-LAX
Old Jan 6, 2004, 1:30 pm

Programs: HP Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I have gotten to the point that I have them get me pretzels from coach instead of the junk mix they have had for 1.5 years :-)
Old Jan 6, 2004, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, DL Silv
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CMK10:
Please say this new vendor knows how to make a proper snack mix, I'd rather not have nuts, cranberries and those sesame things anymore.

</font>
Now that is one NASTY mix! 110% agreed!
Old Jan 6, 2004, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Don't hold your breath on the ever so beloved cranberry-crunch-stale pistachio homogenous mix--we had 'em on the way back today. Then followed the ala-BK ham and cheese croissanwich, with my favorite, the all lettuce salad. Enjoy!
Old Jan 6, 2004, 6:58 pm
Original Member

Bring back the Balance bars!

QL
Old Jan 8, 2004, 7:37 pm

I'm all but certain that the new vendor will mean that the Buy on Board program is brought back. Whether FC pax get anything different or better is beyond my knowledge.
Old Jan 11, 2004, 12:20 am
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
Yes, Buy On Board is coming back. Please see my post in the following thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum12/HTML/000892.html

[This message has been edited by TransWorldOne (edited Jan 11, 2004).]
Old Jan 11, 2004, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

tomorrow (Monday) should be the "big announcement" about the new food options. It will certainly be nice to see SOMETHING for sale on those transcons (and near-transcons from the East Coast to PHX and LAS).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.