Plane tail # and web checkins?

Old Jul 23, 03, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Does it matter any more?
Plane tail # and web checkins?

Silver Elite on FF.

I am flying SJC - PHX - BOS. The day before my flight, after 9 pm MST, i login to my FF profile and start the web checkin. One of my seats is an exit row. I am taken through the usual process of being asked to accept exit row agreements. I am finally tken to the "Display and Print Passes" page. Clicking the button brings up a new browser (as usual) with a wait page. Usually my boarding pass shows up here and I print it and all ends well.

This time around, it throws an error. the new browser window closes and I am returned to the original browser window. The error message says the usual stuff about me possibly flying on a flight to an international destination or being an unaccompanied minor etc.

I call up the Silver Elite #. They transfer me to Web site support. After a 10 min wait, web site support tells me that the physical airplane that I am on, flying from SJC - PHX, flies on to Mexico City Mexico. Therefore, I will not be able to checkin online! They tell me that they track it by the airplane's "tail #" and not by the flight #. I try understanding that one - and why I should care which airplane I fly on and where that physical plane may go on to after I get off it, but i can't figure that one out.

In any case, I am going SJC - PHX - BOS and not to mexico city.

Regardless, I now have to get to the airport an hour and half in advance to check in at the kiosk or with an agent.

Anyone have this experience before?
Old Jul 23, 03, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Does it matter any more?
Well. I tried checking in again this morning and the check-in completed and I printed my boarding passes.

IDK what was wrong last night. AW sure had no clue what was wrong.
Old Jul 25, 03, 8:45 pm

Location: Southwest Desert, under a rock, watch out! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<" You can get there, but it's gonna cost you!
Programs: Previously NonePass®, now UA 1K (*Enhanced*)
Maybe it was an "unscheduled change of aircraft" on a "direct" flight

Maybe they gotta look you in the eyes to see if you are an evil person or not before the let you on a plane leaving the land of the free.

p.s. Must have been a Boeing, they don't let Airbusses go South o' the Border.

[This message has been edited by snake (edited 07-25-2003).]

Search this Thread
Search Engine: