Elite Security Lines at LAX & BUR?

Old Jul 19, 2003, 12:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hilton Diamond
Elite Security Lines at LAX & BUR?

Hi all...

I have the option of flying into either airport. LAX will be the closest to my destination however I'm willing to fly into BUR. Does either airport have an eilite line through security?

My return flight will be early on a Monday AM. Does anyone have experience going through the lines during this time? i.e. how long does it take, etc...I know LAX can get crazy but how is BUR?

I hate those 4a wake up calls so any feedback would be appreciated as I try to get a few extra winks! Thanks!!

[This message has been edited by mark diver (edited 07-19-2003).]
Old Jul 19, 2003, 12:41 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mark diver:
Hi all...

I have the option of flying into either airport. LAX will be the closest to my destination however I'm willing to fly into BUR. Does either airport have an eilite line through security?

My return flight will be early on a Monday AM. Does anyone have experience going through the lines during this time? i.e. how long does it take, etc...I know LAX can get crazy but how is BUR?

I hate those 4a wake up calls so any feedback would be appreciated as I try to get a few extra winks! Thanks!!
</font>

[This message has been edited by mark diver (edited 07-19-2003).]
Old Jul 19, 2003, 12:45 am
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
LAX does NOT have a priority security line for FlightFund Elite and/or First Class passengers (at least not that I have noticed).
Old Jul 21, 2003, 12:35 am

Programs: WN Companion Pass, former HP Gold and AA Gold
Hi Mark Diver,

Neither LAX or BUR has a priority security line for HP passengers.

I would suggest that you fly into the airport that is closer, giving a 15 minute premium toward BUR. If it would take 15+ extra minutes to drive to your destination from BUR, I'd probably just choose LAX. At this point, the problem (in time differential between LAX and BUR) isn't so much with the security lines, it's the traffic backup around LAX (BUR never has this).

In my recent experience with BUR and LAX (flying HP), the lines haven't been too bad. However, LAX does have the potential to get much worse than BUR.

With a reasonably precise location of your destination, I may be able to offer more/better advice. Since I don't know where you are headed, this is the best I can do!

Later,
Tim in Hollywood
Old Jul 21, 2003, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Tim,

Thanks for the info! I'm actually going to be downtown at the LA Convention Center. According to Yahoo! Maps, both airports are approximately 20-25 minutes from the site. Thus, either airport would work.

I'll stay by the airport also and feel BUR offers the easiest in/out as you had mentioned.

Any more thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mark
Old Jul 21, 2003, 1:58 pm

Programs: WN Companion Pass, former HP Gold and AA Gold
Hi Mark Diver,

In this situation, I'd probably use BUR, but it's a close call. This is simply because LAX has a greater potential of getting excessively long lines or even traffic difficulty getting into the airport (even if coming from an airport hotel).

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Later,
Tim in Hollywood
Old Jul 24, 2003, 7:55 am

Programs: DL, UA, WN, Amtrak, Hyatt, Accor
Also keep in mind BUR has no jetways, if you have heavy carryon that might be a factor. I actually like the way they load/unload at BUR with the old-fashioned stairs at both forward and aft doors. It's especially handy with non-seat-assigned flights like Southwest.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.