Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking Award Travel

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2003, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Booking Award Travel

I was just wondering what people's experiences have been in booking "Coach Value" Award Travel with America West.

Thanks.
Old Jan 1, 2003, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
For coach you should have virtually no problems on most of their routes. I usually book FC awards and get them for the times I want so I imagine coach awards would be just as easy.

Their website makes it easy as hell also.

------------------
God Bless America West and British Airways

HP - Platinum/970k miles
BA - Dirt/Soon to be Gold
NW - Dirt/Soon to be Plat
UA - Dirt/19k miles
AA - Dirt/Only using to get BA Tier points/miles.
Old Jan 1, 2003, 3:13 pm

Programs: DL, HH, & IHG Dia; Bonvoy Titan
In my experience booking flights to and from DTW, SNA, LGB, and LAX, coach value awards are hard to come by, but FC value awards are plentiful.

Availability seems to vary by origin and destination, based on others' postings on this issue over the years.
Old Jun 5, 2003, 11:37 am
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
Is it possible to book a coach value award and standby for a different flight on the same day? Does anyone have experience doing so? I could not find any information on this in the FlightFund member's guide.
Old Jun 5, 2003, 1:08 pm

Yes, you can stand-by the same day you are ticketed for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.