My First Time-- What To Expect

Old Mar 1, 03, 10:25 pm
Original Poster

My First Time-- What To Expect

Hello. A couple of buddies and I decided to head to LAS in mid-March, and found a great rate on HP. The fare from JFK-LAS r/t was $215 (including taxes and other good stuff).

My question to you is as follows: What are we to expect on these routes? We are booked on a 7:50 pm flight out of JFK and a return flight that leaves LAS at 11:30 am. The flight is about 4.5-5 hours each way. The reservation shows that these flights only offer beverage service. I know that HP was testing a "buy on board" meal service, but has that been fully implemented on these flights? Also, HP offers a same-day upgrade option to F for about $150 each way if it available. Is this something worthwhile (I mean is HPs service worth an additional $150 each way?)? And do F paxs have access to a lounge at JFK and LAS?

Any information you all may have would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks-
Old Mar 1, 03, 10:31 pm

"My First Time-- What To Expect"

Nice title!

Old Mar 5, 03, 12:45 am
Suspended

I would recommend getting the upgrade for $150, but it might not be avaliable. It would be better to get it on the return, when a meal service would be offered. It's pretty hard to snag upgrades on these routes because of all the elite members. First is worth it though because of the long flight.

If you do get the upgrade, you will not
have access to the club. But you might be able to play dumb and see what happends.

LOL IP

[This message has been edited by NWgoldelite (edited 03-04-2003).]

[This message has been edited by NWgoldelite (edited 03-04-2003).]

Search this Thread