No more lifetime HP Club memberships

Old Jan 2, 2003, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
No more lifetime HP Club memberships

As of 1-1-03 lifetime will no longer be available.. Also two types of memberships
One for PHX only and the other to include
Northwest. I sure wish I had bought a World Club lifetime instead of HP but then you never know who is going to dump who!!!
(ie. Presidents Club)
Old Jan 3, 2003, 2:54 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
Thank you for the heads up. I'm happy using my Priority Pass for America West Club usage (since my lifetime Presidents Club card is not valid there anymore). Of course Priority Pass makes my Presidents Club membership redundant, since it offers access to substantially all CO, HP, NW, DL (nonhub & DFW, ATL term E), UA (nonhub), US (select few), etc.

Oh, and here's a link to the new dues structure:

http://www.americawest.com/flightfun..._2003_fees.htm

[This message has been edited by TransWorldOne (edited 01-03-2003).]
Old Jan 3, 2003, 4:41 pm

Location: Southwest Desert, under a rock, watch out! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<" You can get there, but it's gonna cost you!
Programs: Previously NonePass, now UA 1K (*Enhanced*)
It's no consolation for those who bought cheapo AWA club memberships expecting the reciprocal access to President's Club to last a lifetime.
Old Jan 3, 2003, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Wow, so your lifetime membership now only applies to HP clubs only and not the standard membership?

BTW, "Hub Club" sounds real cheesy.
Old Jan 4, 2003, 8:24 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ByrdluvsAWACO:
Wow, so your lifetime membership now only applies to HP clubs only and not the standard membership?</font>
Other than no longer being available, I was just advised that "nothing has changed" with the existing lifetime memberships. They are still valid at all locations including the partner locations. That's great news!

Partner Airport Clubs

Northwest World Clubs[*]Boston[*]Chicago-O'Hare[*]Detroit[*]Honolulu[*]Los Angeles[*]Memphis[*]Milwaukee[*]Minneapolis[*]Newark[*]New York-JFK[*]New York-LaGuardia[*]Philadelphia[*]San Francisco[*]Seattle[*]Washington-Dulles[*]Washington-National

EVA Evergreen Lounge[*]Taipei

Other than my lifetime subscription to Playboy, my lifetime Phoenix Club (now America West Club) membership has been the best investment I've ever made, bar none.

I can only hope that America West's lifetime lasts at least one day longer than mine.

------------------
The best revenge is living well.
Old Jan 4, 2003, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
I bought an HP lifetime three/ four years ago when it was still $1900!
Old Jan 5, 2003, 12:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
Yes my membership only cost $1300 which I thought was high at the time (1998) since the
lifetime membership only cost $400 when the club first launched in 1987 at least I think they had lifetime back then.

Is there any Pioneer lifetime members out there?
Old Jan 5, 2003, 2:51 am

Programs: US Airways Chairman Starwood Gold Continental Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TransWorldOne:
Thank you for the heads up. I'm happy using my Priority Pass for America West Club usage (since my lifetime Presidents Club card is not valid there anymore). Of course Priority Pass makes my Presidents Club membership redundant, since it offers access to substantially all CO, HP, NW, DL (nonhub & DFW, ATL term E), UA (nonhub), US (select few), etc.

Oh, and here's a link to the new dues structure:

http://www.americawest.com/flightfun..._2003_fees.htm

[This message has been edited by TransWorldOne (edited 01-03-2003).]
</font>
Can someone tell me more about the Priority Pass. I was thinking of getting a Northwest Club Membership. Also do you have to be flying that airline that day to get into the club. What I am asking is can I get into a CO club with a Northwest membership even if I am flying HP?
Old Jan 5, 2003, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

WITH A CO OR NW MEMBERSHIP YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO BOTH CLUBS REGARDLESS OF THE AIRLINE YOU ARE FLYING OR NOT FLYING AT ALL IF YOU CAN GET PAST SECURITY AS YOU NOW NEED A BOARDING PASS.ONLY WIHN A NW CARD CAN YOU GET IN TO ALL 3 (NW,CO,HP)
Old Jan 5, 2003, 7:26 pm

Thanks for the reply, it sure seems like the NW membership is the one to have...
Old Jan 5, 2003, 9:11 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SanDiegoShaun:
Can someone tell me more about the Priority Pass. I was thinking of getting a Northwest Club Membership. Also do you have to be flying that airline that day to get into the club. What I am asking is can I get into a CO club with a Northwest membership even if I am flying HP?</font>
With a Priority Pass membership, it doesn't matter what airline you are flying. There is only one "catch" to Priority Pass membership-- which is that you aren't able to bring in guests without incurring a charge. Most airline programs allow two guests or your immediate family to accompany you free of charge. Otherwise, Priority Pass is a great program. Northwest WorldClubs is also a great program.

Old Jan 5, 2003, 9:41 pm

Transworld...Where would I find more information on the Priority Pass?
Old Jan 5, 2003, 9:43 pm

Location: Southwest Desert, under a rock, watch out! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<" You can get there, but it's gonna cost you!
Programs: Previously NonePass, now UA 1K (*Enhanced*)
The thing to remember is that with long term club memberships anything can change, partners can break up, airlines can go bye-bye. Ask anyone who bought a TWA club lifetime membership. In the ol' days members from defunct airlines clubs were "adopted" but times have changed, ain't they?
Old Jan 5, 2003, 9:57 pm

Ok I found the Priority Pass web site. The problem is they just tell if the have a club in an airport they don't tell you which airline club it is. Does any know what airline clubs they have deals with and if it is better to get a NW membership? I usually fly HP but would like to get into the CO and NW clubs. Does the priority pass give you all that and more?
Old Jan 6, 2003, 2:05 pm

[quote]<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MRLIMO:
[b]
Originally posted by ByrdluvsAWACO:
Other than my lifetime subscription to Playboy, </font>
when did they offer this and how much did it cost?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.