Phoenix to Durango ???

Old Jan 4, 2003, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Phoenix to Durango ???

Quick question taht I hope someone will know the answer to. We are planning early for a trip to Durango, Colorado in July. The lowest available fare seems to be $436, does HP usually offer fare sales on this route and what does the fare usually go down to?

Thanks!!
Old Jan 5, 2003, 12:11 am
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
Sometimes they offer sale fares there, usually around $250-300+taxes/surcharges. I've seen Surf'n Go weekend fares, americawest.com special fares, and Colorado destinations fare sales in general. These sales haven't been as frequent as they once were.
Old Jan 6, 2003, 10:21 am

I fly SFO-PHX-DRO on HP once or twice a year. I usually pay around $320, but I have gotten it as cheap as $210. It's a shame that PHX-DRO is more expensive, but I guess not surprising, as no one else flies that route direct.

(On a side note, have you considered driving? I just drove from Phoenix to Durango last month, after flying to SFO-PHX, since there were no reasonably-priced seats left on the PHX-DRO flights. It took almost 8 hours, but was a pretty easy and enjoyable drive...and in July would be even easier, without snow worries.)
Old Jan 6, 2003, 2:38 pm

Programs: SPEBSQSA
The drive is truly a breeze. It's interstate from Phoenix - Gallup, NM (if you go I-17 to I-40); and not bad from Gallup up to Durango. (ok, Gallup to Shiprock to Cortez is pretty bland, but the drive is easy.)

We do it a few times a year... but then, we do have a few hour jump on you

------------------
Bob
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"> You only live once -- but if you work it right, once is enough.

Joe E. Lewis
</font>

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.