HEY AWA !!! Delta Airlines 2003 Elite Rule Makes sense

Old Dec 28, 2002, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

HEY AWA !!! Delta Airlines 2003 Elite Rule Makes sense

I like Delta's new elite rule..it would save a lot of exception letters, calls, etc.
Delta Airlines Elites will not decrease status by more than one level in 2004 from their 2003 level
Old Dec 29, 2002, 6:44 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Centurion:
I like Delta's new elite rule..it would save a lot of exception letters, calls, etc.
Delta Airlines Elites will not decrease status by more than one level in 2004 from their 2003 level
</font>
I think you are the only person on the planet that like their new changes. I am not up to date on every change, but they made their program far inferior than America West's.
Old Dec 29, 2002, 4:14 pm
csb

Delta's new policy is asinine and self-defeating.

The plain fact of the matter is that we are in the worst economy since the oil-shock mid-seventies. Companies and individuals need to look for cost savings. I am quite sure that Delta is cutting costs wherever possible and squeezing suppliers. Why should they be so flabbergasted that their customers would do the same.

The only thing that they have accomplished is driving away many of their best customers who--when they are ready to start purchasing full-fare tickets again--will have moved on to another airline. Just look at the numerous posts from DL elites on the various boards asking for advice on getting their status comped.
Old Jan 3, 2003, 1:50 pm

As a DL Platinum Medallion and an HP Silver, I can tell you that referencing ANYONE saying Delta made a good move is a big mistake.

If you wander over to the Delta board, you will see THOUSANDS of anti-Delta posts about these changes.
Old Jan 3, 2003, 3:01 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
If Centurion holds an American Express Centurion (black) card, the changes are great for him! Centurion members receive Delta Gold Medallion status and don't have to worry about requalification.
Old Jan 3, 2003, 4:53 pm

Location: Orange County (SNA) CA, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Gold
Um - As a DL Platinum, I can tell you that you are missing the point. The point is not what the qualifications are but *what* you get when you do qualify for the various levels i.e. the benefits are all gone for DL elites as of 2004 - for more info go to any one of the threads on the DL forum and you can see for yourself why folks are up in arms over the changes to the program
Old Jan 4, 2003, 9:52 am

Location: SAN Diego (Hillcrest); formerly LEXington, KY; still like the nym
Programs: DL Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; married to Hilton Elite
Actually, Vase, some of us are only "up in feet". As in walking, as in away....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.