HP lauches a promotional dud!

Old Jan 1, 2003, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
HP lauches a promotional dud!

Only 500 online bonus miles? Ok I could accept that if there were some other promotion offered.

They haven't even bothered to put out the 2003 membership guide.

Well, it looks as though Im only going to be flying just enough to be Plat this year.
Old Jan 1, 2003, 3:20 pm

I too am very disappointed with HP's 500 mile promotion. I called and asked about the 2003 membership information and was told that they usually do not send out the information until mid-February. I cannot rememebr when I received it last year.

I fly LAS-SFO and LAS-SAN on a weekly basis -- a lot of short runs. Without the 3,000 mile bonus, or even a 1,500 mile bonus for booking online, it makes Southwest Airlines look more attractive for my travels; particularly since they are promoting one free round trip for evey 4 round trips. Unfortunatly for me, I am not a big Southwest fan because I like having an assigned seat. My choices are not that great for direct flights from LAS-SAN and LAS-SFO or OAK. So, I am considering taking more Southwest flights for short flights and HP some of my longer flights - about eight a year.

I will keep an eye open for special HP Elite promotions throughout the year to gain enough miles to maintain Gold status.

Old Jan 2, 2003, 4:17 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
Thanks for starting yet another topic on this matter. The previous half dozen weren't enoungh.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.