Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > America West FlightFund (Pre-2005 US Airways merger)
Reload this Page >

Late Spring?? (The unofficial 'Latest scoop on the program merger' thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2006, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1 MM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond

HP/US keeps telling us that the DM program will be rolled out in Late Spring 2006. If I'm remembering correctly (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong), the first official day of spring is around March 21 and the first official day of summer is around June 21. That being the case, somewhere between those two dates is when the new program will be rolled out. Since they've already told us it will be late spring, that cuts some of the guesswork out of it and we can assume it will be closer to June 21 than it will be to March 21. Anyone want to start some guesses on when the new program will be officially rolled out?

I'll start by going with June 1. Many Arizonans will argue that despite what the calendar may say, June 1 is definitely summer and not late spring, but I think Tempe is going take their time with this one.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 4:36 am

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
I was told by US DM center that "late spring" was subject to move to "sometime later"! I think US/HP will be getting a few calls, as some like me who have made the requirements for gold--60+ segments since jan 1--and they can not upgrade my account to gold. DM rep said that due to the new program not being official, and the old program not official the program they are using either, i am stuck. It is so upsetting that due to US/HP not being able to put together a program, I am "stuck" in the middle of a management pickle! Hope it gets figured out soon or im headed elsewhere!
Old Mar 9, 2006, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I've had an HP elite CSR tell me "most likely this fall"
Old Mar 9, 2006, 7:50 am

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
There are many people "Screwed" by this. It seems if you made the 100 Segments last year by flying both US and HP what we were asked in September... you will not get your "earned" status until only a part of a year.

For example, you had two accounts and used DM for US and FF for HP.. and then add BA flights, *Alliance Flights.. and you could easily qualify for a higher level... but in US's wisdom, they decide not to do anything.

If it is going to be late, start linking the accounts now... and give the combined status to both your DM and FF acccount... then encourage people to use DM until merged... (or something like that). But if it keeps pushing it is going to piss alot of flyers.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Those that flew 100 segments on HP or US last year or those Platinums who fulfilled the requirements to maintain their Chairman's status are also being screwed. Since HP/US extended status until "late spring" or perhaps longer, all the folks who made status by flying the miles/segments are having to compete for upgrades with everyone who got their status extended, but did not fulfill the requirements. Just a little frustration of mine since I've missed a number of upgrades this year on the US side as a Chairman.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 5:41 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Just my thoughts, but I think US/HP did more HARM to their ff program by screwing people like this then if they would have waited until 07. I am not their beancounter, and I am sure some wonderful spreadsheet was produced that said they could save XXdollars in 06 if they did this. What they did not look at is that it is driving people away...and will continue to. Ive had 60-some segments already, with an additional 17 booked for the next 3 weeks. I am not asking for any special treatment (US did NOT status match CO from last year at all, they wont even CONSIDER status match until after the merger) but what I WOULD like is proper credit for what i DID FLY! Sorry to be ranting!
Old Mar 10, 2006, 12:38 pm

Programs: US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
I can tell you the internal date we are shooting for is April 30th. That may change by 3 or 4 days (most likely earlier), but it will be done no later than 4/30 - guaranteed.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyingtool
I can tell you the internal date we are shooting for is April 30th. That may change by 3 or 4 days (most likely earlier), but it will be done no later than 4/30 - guaranteed.
I hope you're right. That would be very good news! In the last three weeks, I'm 1 for 6 on upgrades as CE on US operated flights and I suspect this is related to the fact that there are a ton of CE/CP's out there that will lose their status when the new program is rolled out. I also suspect that CEs are not recognized the same as CP in the US system considering I haven't missed an upgrade on HP operated flights since making CE at the end of last year, but maybe I'm just a conspiracy theorist. At the very least, the integrated program will cut down on the "our Chairman vs. their Chairman" attitude that I keep getting from US GAs.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 6:00 pm

Will there be advance notice or will it just happen?
Old Mar 10, 2006, 6:11 pm

^ ^ Happy Days Are Here Again ^ ^

Ok.. I am happy if this is true!! VERY GOOD NEWS! I think this will go alot to stop the "Us vs Them" between the two airlines.. as far as they know we are all DM Prefereds.. and that is the way it should be....

Looking forward to it!!!
Old Mar 10, 2006, 6:38 pm

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
[snip... I think US/HP will be getting a few calls, as some like me who have made the requirements for gold--60+ segments since jan 1--and they can not upgrade my account to gold. ...snip[/QUOTE]

I received an email on Feb 24 letting me know that I requalified for Silver for the year. As I hit my 50K miles on a flight last night, I assume that I'm Gold. I guess if the system recognizes that I made Silver, it should recognize that I made Gold. I also guess that when I check my account on Monday, I'll see the miles posted and the new status (but I'm a US silver/gold and this was a UA flight...so there could be a lag).
Old Mar 11, 2006, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Talking

Merging two systems and converting all the data is a pain. Then there are all the links with the reservation systems and partners.

I guess the sensible thing to do is for them to offer a manual merge option for people who feel they can benefit from the merge. Basically, just add up the segments/miles from the tally, change the status manually on both systems and maybe even transfer all the miles and close one account. I doubt this would impact a boatload of people.

I am actually one of the few who are benefitting from the delay Made gold on the Guest program last year but only silver based on the entire year's count.

Does anyone know when they will stop using SABRE and move everything to SHARES on the reservation side? On the FFP side, whose system will they use?

Last edited by username; Mar 11, 2006 at 4:56 pm
Old Mar 13, 2006, 7:19 am

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
So, as an update to PhillyPhlyer40 and my own previous post, I checked my account this morning and I am now, officially, a Gold member with > 50K miles flown. So they do seem to be processing new statuses.

Last edited by bitburgr; Mar 13, 2006 at 9:56 am
Old Mar 15, 2006, 5:57 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by LAX1K to AmWest
There are many people "Screwed" by this. It seems if you made the 100 Segments last year by flying both US and HP what we were asked in September... you will not get your "earned" status until only a part of a year.

For example, you had two accounts and used DM for US and FF for HP.. and then add BA flights, *Alliance Flights.. and you could easily qualify for a higher level... but in US's wisdom, they decide not to do anything.

If it is going to be late, start linking the accounts now... and give the combined status to both your DM and FF acccount... then encourage people to use DM until merged... (or something like that). But if it keeps pushing it is going to piss alot of flyers.
+

There is a flip side to it, I did not travel much last year and will not keep my Chairman's status. In the meantime, I'm still reaping the benefits....

Anyone know if US/HP plan to drop people a level if they don't qualify (i.e. Chariman to PLT/GOLD; Gold - Siler), or do you go from Chairman to nothing?
Old Mar 15, 2006, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by FlyAO2
+

There is a flip side to it, I did not travel much last year and will not keep my Chairman's status. In the meantime, I'm still reaping the benefits....

Anyone know if US/HP plan to drop people a level if they don't qualify (i.e. Chariman to PLT/GOLD; Gold - Siler), or do you go from Chairman to nothing?

Good question, US many years ago dropped me one level a year... so it was Chairman's to Gold to Silver..... but that was 1998, 1999, 2000... I am not sure what they will do now.. especially since HP is at the wheel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.