Avoid F CDG-NRT on Oct 8th!

Old Aug 28, 2007, 1:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Exclamation Avoid F CDG-NRT on Oct 8th!

NH is using an old 747 on Oct 8th from CDG to NRT - tickets for F are a whopping 1,709,100 Yen... No discounts available... F is almost fully booked, I hope passengers are aware of what is expecting them...
Old Aug 28, 2007, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Just curious: what is so bad about the old NH 747s? In F?
Old Aug 28, 2007, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by notsosmart
Just curious: what is so bad about the old NH 747s? In F?
You gotta be kidding? Old F is outdated, worn-out, shabby, no IFE, no privacy, no flat bad... They use is for C passengers e.g. NRT-HKG-NRT - I flew it once and it is not worth 1.7m Yen...
Old Aug 28, 2007, 11:26 pm

Programs: SQ silver, NH, TG
Originally Posted by SMK77
You gotta be kidding? Old F is outdated, worn-out, shabby, no IFE, no privacy, no flat bad... They use is for C passengers e.g. NRT-HKG-NRT - I flew it once and it is not worth 1.7m Yen...
NH F was on eof the first to have full flat beds.
There are only 15 seats and even if full the service is superb.
If you really want something else for your money why not try AF and relate your experience....
Old Aug 29, 2007, 3:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JackR
NH F was on eof the first to have full flat beds.
There are only 15 seats and even if full the service is superb.
If you really want something else for your money why not try AF and relate your experience....
NH must love you - cashing 1.7m Yen for giving you the oldest F seat that is in the air for a 12 hour overnight flight... Go ahead, knock yourself out...

And if you wanna see an airline that is able to handle 16 passengers in F, try LH on a 747...
Old Aug 29, 2007, 6:19 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
NH must love you - cashing 1.7m Yen for giving you the oldest F seat that is in the air for a 12 hour overnight flight... Go ahead, knock yourself out...

And if you wanna see an airline that is able to handle 16 passengers in F, try LH on a 747...
Hmm... for me, flat is flat. Old NH F=LH 744 F, as far as seats go. Side by side, too.
I go with NH F for the service and food, which are the same on old/new seats. The only time I'd go away from NH is between their old and new C. I sleep so well on their old/new F seats--and eat and drink so well-that I rarely watch much IFE anyway.
And I think many here will agree, please go ahead and fly LH if you want--but those who can afford a million or more yen for a nonstop are unlikely to want a transfer in FRA/MUC. Plus, LH F doesn't offer pods on 744, does it? So how different is NH Old F to LH F?
NH must do something right to fill F with paid pax, while LH almost always has F available on their flights for reward tix.....just an observation.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by kyushuman
Hmm... for me, flat is flat. Old NH F=LH 744 F, as far as seats go. Side by side, too.
I go with NH F for the service and food, which are the same on old/new seats. The only time I'd go away from NH is between their old and new C. I sleep so well on their old/new F seats--and eat and drink so well-that I rarely watch much IFE anyway.
And I think many here will agree, please go ahead and fly LH if you want--but those who can afford a million or more yen for a nonstop are unlikely to want a transfer in FRA/MUC. Plus, LH F doesn't offer pods on 744, does it? So how different is NH Old F to LH F?
NH must do something right to fill F with paid pax, while LH almost always has F available on their flights for reward tix.....just an observation.
Seconded.
LH is no comparison to NH as far as customer care and service is concerned.
LH seats are also side by side
LH does not fly from CDG to NRT without a cumbersome transit in FRA or MUC
Old Aug 29, 2007, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kyushuman
Don't get your point: NH is not selling old F anymore - you get if for free when booked in C on regional flights in Asia.

I myself would prefer the new NH F over LH F at any point in time - it is a great product. But when you book a full-fare ticket on NH to Paris, you expect the new seat and not the old ones.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 8:29 pm

Don't get your point: NH is not selling old F anymore - you get if for free when booked in C on regional flights in Asia.

I myself would prefer the new NH F over LH F at any point in time - it is a great product. But when you book a full-fare ticket on NH to Paris, you expect the new seat and not the old ones.
Agree with your expectation. I still prefer old seat F + NH service than LH F seat and service !
Old Oct 10, 2007, 9:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
NH is using an old 747 on Oct 8th from CDG to NRT - tickets for F are a whopping 1,709,100 Yen... No discounts available... F is almost fully booked, I hope passengers are aware of what is expecting them...
Is that only on October 8th or from October 8th onwards ?
I have a CDG-NRT-CDG trip in December and would like to avoid the old seats .
Old Oct 11, 2007, 12:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pansted00
Is that only on October 8th or from October 8th onwards ?
I have a CDG-NRT-CDG trip in December and would like to avoid the old seats .
That was a one-timer. PM me your details and I can check but I am confident that you are flying the outstanding new F suites.
Old Oct 11, 2007, 2:26 am

Programs: ANA, JAL
On a side note my wife took that flight on the 10/08 and she confirmed that it was indeed the old configuration. She was flying in Y and she told me it was one of her worst experience with NH on a long haul flight.
Reasons being:
- Personal IFE not working. People were only able to watch two movies on their personal TV monitor, the same as the ones being projected on the main screen. I can't remember exactly, but AFAIR, even if the old config is not AVOD, you could at least select from different movies on different channels.
- Her status on NH grants her most of the time a Y+ seat, which is not available on the old config
- Food was presented on the old tray. Even if this doesn't change the taste, it does not look very appealing
- FA not as nice as usual, probably due to the fact that the old config holds more Y pax and made then busier than usual, added to the fact that a huge tour group was onboard.

Something to forget very quickly. I hope NH won't disapoint us in the future, but I can't say things are going in the right way, with the changes in their FFP and the recent decrease of the quality of the food service in C.

Regards,

Formoz

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.