Search

772 on HND<->GMP

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2006, 9:36 am
Original Poster
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: UA GS 3MM, NH PLT
772 on HND<->GMP

Not sure if many people travel between HND and GMP (Seoul Gimpo), but I'm on it almost monthly.

It used to be served by a 2 class 767, but earlier this month I was surprised to see it being operated by a 3-cabin 772.

I had purchased J but confirmed seat 2B in first class at time of booking. When I asked about the new bird and my seat assignment, the FA said it's possible that the plane was repurposed from one of the Japan<->US routes, possibly IAD. Also, she remarked that this route is only sold as a 2-class, but that NH's best customers get access to the first class seats.

Given that JL operates a 744 and OZ just recently upgraded its aircraft to an A330-300 with new J seats, it's good to see NH take a step in the right direction.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 11:07 am

Programs: ANA, JAL
Originally Posted by KI-NRT
Not sure if many people travel between HND and GMP (Seoul Gimpo), but I'm on it almost monthly.

It used to be served by a 2 class 767, but earlier this month I was surprised to see it being operated by a 3-cabin 772.

I had purchased J but confirmed seat 2B in first class at time of booking. When I asked about the new bird and my seat assignment, the FA said it's possible that the plane was repurposed from one of the Japan<->US routes, possibly IAD. Also, she remarked that this route is only sold as a 2-class, but that NH's best customers get access to the first class seats.

Given that JL operates a 744 and OZ just recently upgraded its aircraft to an A330-300 with new J seats, it's good to see NH take a step in the right direction.
I know that some ex three class 772 (I guess two of them but I'm not sure) used on NRT-IAH and NRT-SFO before introduction of the 77W are now based at HND for the GMP service. There are indeed sold as 2-class but elites can pre-book first class seats. Food and service remains the typicall C class however. These birds are sometimes used on domestic flights, as well as an ex international 744 (JA405A IIRC) in the old three class configuration.

Best Regards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.